onestandard
2023-03-10T19:54:55Z
Greetings!

A fellow locksmith corrupted the CAS on this 2013 Mini S that he was trying to make a spare key for and I am trying to get him back operational.

I gather that I need to re-write avoid EEPROM dump to the module and then program it on bench using HexTag then AutoHex?

The part number is 61.35-9287534-01.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2023-03-11T08:42:51Z
Please check if the cas eeprom is in programming mode if so change that to normal mode and write back also write a good flash to the cas using Hextag. Then check the cas status in AutoHex from cas firmware and do cas firmware downgrade and restore cas firmware, maybe that cas was improperly downgraded. After cas firmware restore, check keys and faults on cas. Please check the photo and use the flash file shared.
 programmign mode cas.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
 938XX115.rar You have insufficient rights to see the content.
onestandard
2023-03-11T15:33:49Z
Excellent! Thank you.

Followed that procedure you provided and handed the CAS back to my colleague. It is reading in the system and there are no fault codes, but we still have a no-crank/no-start. Does the CAS need to be re-coded on the vehicle?
Autohex_II_BMW
2023-03-14T09:47:19Z
If no faults in car must start normally if you have ignition. Please try the starter reset and check if the car starting.