NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-09-21T13:22:58Z
Hello,

I have a customer that swapped a MSV80 dme on a 2007 BMW x5. I tried to read the isn via obd and had no luck. So I read on the bench and was able to get the isn. After plugging the dme back in, I downgraded the cas module and manually typed in the sk on option two to match the dme. At this point I needed to code the dme, but there was no option specifically that said dme under individual coding. The closest was option12, 6BMOT: Engine
electronics. Is this the correct option for the dme? I coded the ecu for this option but the car still doesnt start.

I went into individual programming and under option 12 MSV80 there is an action message that says replace 8609170 and when I try to program it gives me a message that says module is not ready for programming. IMG_4649.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.

So is this normal? It says flash status is normal but shows action to replace. Tech support on skype said I can switch to expert mode and force the flash. Is that going to fix the action message and is that even my problem?

Edit, not sure why I can upload pic with higher resolution....
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-09-22T10:21:24Z
if car not starting there must be faults regarding that. please check faults on cas and dme and make sure you dont have faults that cause starting.
if you can code dme from indiv coding it is ok for e series and car must start in normal cases.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-09-24T04:49:55Z
I went under diagnosis and got an error message that the dme had no coding. So I switched to expert mode and did the coding under individual programming. After that the car started.

Is it possible to retrieve the isn from the key to change the isn in the dme? Seems like that might be better to keep everything with the original isn.
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-09-24T14:34:51Z
for msv 80 ecus it is difficult to change dme isn , so it is safe and easy to change cas isn to match with dme . so it is ok