Piconerd
2023-01-11T14:39:26Z
Hi All,

Can somebody help me with step by step instruction on making a spare remote key for CAS 3+ ?
I'm sure you guys are doing these all the time with no problems but every time i try to do it i fumble my way through and never work out what was the easiest way get this done.
Today I tried option 2 first but pop up said CAS3+ so need option 3.
Cool, I Chose option 3.
Next i was clicking random buttons and hoping i was doing it right!
Eventually i got a blank remote to work. I have no idea how i did it!!
Can somebody make a short video next time they make a spare key with option 3?
Surely i cant be the only person that struggles with this?
I asked support to help but all they have done so far is send me links to videos that don't explain the steps properly. They seem to think the software walks you through the process but it doesn't.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out with this.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2023-01-12T13:38:27Z
There are two kinds of situations, that require cas firmware before programming key and that do not require cas firmware. if cas firmware requires please do cas firmware and program key. After programming key, it is possible to restore cas from cas firmware to make it normal. If no cas firmware is required no need to bother with that normally.
To program an additional key it is required to connect hextag/hexprog to pc with the extra usb provided and keep hexprog software closed. Go to key learning option 3 and there will be an option to select the key slot. Please select the required key slot and if it is a blank key put the key in hextag/hexprog key coil slot and click Tag to prepare the key file. After that save the key file and click the tick button and there will be a message as key programming is completed. For keyless keys, there are some additional steps like changing the key status from 004b00 to 005b00 after the key file is prepared, and it will work only on 2 slots on the cas for keyless. Please check the given link for a better understanding.
https://www.microtronik....program-prepared-bmw-key 
Piconerd
2023-01-12T16:03:11Z
Finally some actual guidance on the sequence of steps to take.
I’m Not sure why nobody in support could give me these steps? Instead they keep telling me ‘is easy’ and ‘just use option 3’.
Hopefully this will also be useful to other new users.
Thank you.
Autohex_II_BMW
2023-01-14T09:09:55Z
Sorry for the issue and misunderstanding caused by support. Our team trying to give maximum support to all customers, probably the one that caused because of the misunderstanding. We will make sure the same will not happen again. Thank you for your time posting on the forum.
Piconerd
2023-01-22T12:23:19Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Sorry for the issue and misunderstanding caused by support. Our team trying to give maximum support to all customers, probably the one that caused because of the misunderstanding. We will make sure the same will not happen again. Thank you for your time posting on the forum.

Thank you for following up.
Support is normally fantastic - but not on this occasion.

Regards
Paul
  •  Paul
  • 50.8% (Neutral)
2023-05-09T07:44:14Z
Good morning, the key status 004B00 how to be changed in 005B00? ..manualy?? Tnx
Piconerd
2023-05-11T11:41:41Z
I'm definitely not an expert but I'll try to help out.
Are you making a new blank key and need to change to 005B00 chip to use as comfort access key?
If yes, do the following. Click option 3 to make new KEY. Chose key position 1 or 2. Put new key in Hextag or in the Hexprog key holder thingy. Click on TAG KEY.
Before clicking SET you have to change key status to 005B00.