Michel.chalhoub
2016-12-26T23:52:36Z
I would like to gather some info about nbt evo id5 or nbt or even cic programming and flashing , not just for retrofitting but also for installing second hand units on vehicles that already use to have the same units , for example : i have a bmw f10 - 2013 with a nbt unit installed already by defualt , customer complains that the nbt unit is damaged , is there any solution for installing second or used unit , how can it be flashed and programmed , by obd it would take days , OBAR connection is mentioned in some forums to be a link or a connection for on bench nbt or nbt evo programming ,or else if i refer to alternatives such as emulators and fsc activation and scripts would be twice the price of a new unit , Microtronik Support is there anyway we can handle to flash and program nbt or nbt evo units on bench ?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Gbyleveldt
2016-12-27T04:13:07Z
Unless Microtronik decides to make use of the Ethernet port for flashing NBT, or develops a MOST interface for flashing CIC/CCC, it won't be practical for Autohex to flash these devices. Using the DCAN interface currently will take days to flash these units and even if you did that, the chance for something to go wrong is just too high to be safe. Even the BMW dealers brick these units using Icoms; I have to revive many of these for them on a weekly basis.

Developing a solution for exchanging these units for secondhand ones isn't practical because they don't fail that often (compared to replacing ECUs or other modules). Most failures on these units is because of them being bricked and they can be revived. In the very few cases where there is a hardware problem, you'll have to resort to vin blockers, but truth be told I've only had to do that very few times - and like I said I get a lot of these for repair.

Best to brush up on using WinKFP and Esys.
Levanime
2016-12-27T05:36:11Z
Originally Posted by: Gbyleveldt 

Unless Microtronik decides to make use of the Ethernet port for flashing NBT, or develops a MOST interface for flashing CIC/CCC, it won't be practical for Autohex to flash these devices. Using the DCAN interface currently will take days to flash these units and even if you did that, the chance for something to go wrong is just too high to be safe. Even the BMW dealers brick these units using Icoms; I have to revive many of these for them on a weekly basis.

Developing a solution for exchanging these units for secondhand ones isn't practical because they don't fail that often (compared to replacing ECUs or other modules). Most failures on these units is because of them being bricked and they can be revived. In the very few cases where there is a hardware problem, you'll have to resort to vin blockers, but truth be told I've only had to do that very few times - and like I said I get a lot of these for repair.

I understand its your commercial secret, but could you give a hint how do you revive them?

thanks
roxetteer
2016-12-27T11:40:12Z

Unless Microtronik decides to make use of the Ethernet port for flashing NBT

Autohex already does that...when flashing F-series body ECUs.
Autohex_II_BMW
2016-12-27T11:59:11Z
Roxetteer is correct, Autohex II can flash the NBT (needs a permission from Microtronik if it will take more than 10 hours flashing).
Autohex fixes the NBT problem caused by ISTA or e-sys or any other third party tool.
In regards to Ethernet, we have developed the Ethernet communication protocol with BMW Gateway since about 18 months, but we did not link it to the main software to be an option as we still believe that OBD CAN BUS is more stable than Ethernet , but still, it is a way slower. (see in Autohex II folder a dll file name: MTKEnet.dll )
Gbyleveldt
2016-12-28T04:16:44Z
Originally Posted by: Levanime 

I understand its your commercial secret, but could you give a hint how do you revive them?

thanks

Send me a PM ;)