NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-03-19T18:39:54Z
Trying to make a key for this vehicle. The first time I went to key learning i selected option 4 for no key, I got a message "programmed key with errors" it locked the key but it didnt turn on the dash.
Now, it asks for ISN, so I was thinking it needed downgrade but when I go to firmware i get this message. IMG_3874.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
I thought it was kind of weird that it allowed me to program a key in the beginning. Is the cas module ok?

Second question, I pulled the dme out, it is a mevd1722d, what is the correct option to read this dme? I used a pinout posted on this website and went under on bench isn manager and tried to read the isn under option 1 but it cant communicated to the dme. Im pretty sure all my connections were correct under the diagram and had a power supply hooked up also.

Can i read the isn through obd for this one?
thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-21T07:27:37Z
Originally Posted by: NwaLocks 

Trying to make a key for this vehicle. The first time I went to key learning i selected option 4 for no key, I got a message "programmed key with errors" it locked the key but it didnt turn on the dash.
Now, it asks for ISN, so I was thinking it needed downgrade but when I go to firmware i get this message. IMG_3874.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
I thought it was kind of weird that it allowed me to program a key in the beginning. Is the cas module ok?

Second question, I pulled the dme out, it is a mevd1722d, what is the correct option to read this dme? I used a pinout posted on this website and went under on bench isn manager and tried to read the isn under option 1 but it cant communicated to the dme. Im pretty sure all my connections were correct under the diagram and had a power supply hooked up also.

Can i read the isn through obd for this one?
thanks

Hello
if you got error while programming key that's why key not working. You can just reprogram same key using the key file from key learning option 4 itself. Just go out to main menu come inside coding/programming and then try to program key again using key file. If it did not ask you ISN before then it will not ask you this time also. Anyway i have attached wiring diagram for MEVD1722D. Keep hazard light ON always while programming all key lost, you got error message because car got into sleep mode. If you got more questions please feel free to contact support also.
 MEVD17.2.2 & MEVD17.2.7.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-03-22T13:32:44Z
Yes, I think it didnt ask for the isn because I didnt have good communication with the cas module the first time. I dont think I had the hazard on at first. I dont think it really programmed the key. I didnt want to try to program that key into a different slot, I was afraid it might mess something up. Im still learning so I want to be extra careful. I pulled the dme and tried with that pinout and another similar one where the positive was a slightly different place but I didnt get communication with either pinout. I double checked connections, Im pretty sure everything was good. The only thing I can think of was maybe I was using the wrong wire for can-L and can-H?? The diagram shows brown and white, maybe orange/yellow?

This is the first BMW system I failed on with autohex, maybe some user error.
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-22T13:56:59Z

Yes, I think it didnt ask for the isn because I didnt have good communication with the cas module the first time. I dont think I had the hazard on at first. I dont think it really programmed the key. I didnt want to try to program that key into a different slot, I was afraid it might mess something up. Im still learning so I want to be extra careful. I pulled the dme and tried with that pinout and another similar one where the positive was a slightly different place but I didnt get communication with either pinout. I double checked connections, Im pretty sure everything was good. The only thing I can think of was maybe I was using the wrong wire for can-L and can-H?? The diagram shows brown and white, maybe orange/yellow?

This is the first BMW system I failed on with autohex, maybe some user error.

its white and brown CAN lines, did you check again on key learning option 4 if its asking for ISN or not. you can reprogram same key using key file.
NwaLocks
  •  NwaLocks
  • 71.8% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2022-03-22T14:50:35Z
Yes it is asking for the isn. And unfortunately i did not keep the original file because i thought it was not correct.
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-23T07:33:36Z

Yes it is asking for the isn. And unfortunately i did not keep the original file because i thought it was not correct.

your ECU will work based on the connection we sent, please contact support and send them what error you are getting for reading ISN.