BRMTDI
  •  BRMTDI
  • 51.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2022-03-21T18:33:28Z
I have been noticing with CAS4, when ever I add a key, usually customer original key...will stop working, or comfort acces and remote functions will not work.

Is this the reason autohex always recommends removing CAS4 reading it by EPROM dump, make a key for EWS5 not active.

For active, they say pull ISN from DME, then by OBD is fine.

Just wondering because lately I have always had to give customers 2 new keys, and just consider there original key a waste, not worth trouble to unlock the key.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

CipiCip
2022-03-21T21:38:05Z
I never had such situation like yours
I saw here problems with cas4 with hextag or autohex...that i never had
I did over 40 CAS4 NEVER HAD ONE PROBLEM
You need to think what you do wrong...because the tool is the best on cas4
Only cas4 1L15Y was made with dump read untill the last update
From the last update 1L15Y is also supported on obd mode and i can tell that i already try and is 100% without issues

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-22T10:32:46Z
Originally Posted by: BRMTDI 

I have been noticing with CAS4, when ever I add a key, usually customer original key...will stop working, or comfort acces and remote functions will not work.

Is this the reason autohex always recommends removing CAS4 reading it by EPROM dump, make a key for EWS5 not active.

For active, they say pull ISN from DME, then by OBD is fine.

Just wondering because lately I have always had to give customers 2 new keys, and just consider there original key a waste, not worth trouble to unlock the key.

this issue can happen form bad keys also. if you got any error like "secret key not locked" then delete the new key you programmed and reprogram another key it will be ok.
swworin
2022-11-29T00:07:55Z
Hello guys! Im new user with AutoHex.

All fine with new key programming through OBD on a 6 Series with CAS4/4+ ?
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-11-29T05:46:57Z
yes, it is safe to program keys obd for cas4/cas4+. just need to unlock the cas from cas firmware option on car and program key from key learning option 2.