MasterFauker
2023-06-25T23:44:16Z
Hi, for about a month now I've been having the error "Cannot communicate with ECU. Please check wiring and try again." when reading any (F-chassis) MEVD17.2 or (F-chassis) 8.4.1 ECUs through "On Bench ISN Factory Mode".

I don't know if there's more ECUs that give me this error when attempting to read it. I currently am able to successfully read a MSD85 ECU on bench. Before my time period of not being able to read both of these ECUs, everything was successful without an issue using Autohex II. After about 3 failed attempts on 3 different cars, I started to look into this problem and for the life of me I cannot figure it out. I was in the middle of needing to read the ISN for a customer's car to make a key and was not able to do so with Autohex II so I gave Hexprog a shot and purchased it. On the first attempt to read a 8.4.1 ECU with Hexprog and Hexprog's diagram, it was successful. Below are some of the things I've tried before I made this post. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1.) I've tried to enable "Ecu Programming: Expert Mode" inside of Configuration > BMW Configurations. I tried to disable it as well which was the setting it was on prior. I tried to enable some of the other settings just to see if there's a difference like "Test Only Major Ecus (only once)" and "Allow to program Ecus need a long time (only once)".

2.) I've checked through the wiring diagram enough times to where I've memorized it. I know user error is a possibility but I've successfully read these MEVD17.2 and 8.4.1 ECUs without an issue prior to my tool getting this error. Despite memorizing this diagram, I still used the given diagram just to confirm.

3.) I've updated the tool to the newest version numerous times.

4.) I've installed Autohex II on a fresh installation of Windows 10 to rule out conflicts of other tools that I have with no luck.

5.) I've used different USB cables. I used the same USB and power adapter cable with Autohex II for HexProg which leads me to believe it wouldn't be a cable issue. To rule out a bad Tricore cable or connection, I used the same cable with HexProg and HexProg's connection diagram which was successful.

6.) I used HexProg's diagram with Autohex II which is unsuccessful.

Other functions with the tool through OBD seems to work fine. On a side note for a F02 6HP that I've successfully virginized, I did programming/coding but the transmission still doesn't take the VIN from the CAS. I don't know if this is related or not with whatever is causing my main issue but my concern is ISN factory mode and the cause.

[img=https://ibb.co/pyYpxsp]MEVD17.2.G[/img]
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2023-06-27T09:39:05Z
Hi
Please contact support to check your device. They will do some tests to make sure the device is fully working and functional. Also please keep in mind hexprog and autohex wiring are different for the same ECU.