M5London
2023-06-26T16:13:08Z
Hi guys
I hope you’re well
Hopefully someone can help me with this m5 I bought!

I appreciate this has is probably a repeat thread

Bought as a non runner and the cars engine was completely wrecked. I fully rebuilt and forged the engine and went to crank it and have a long crank issue which then tightens up as if the engines locking with random ghost faults. (it’s not the engine)
I’ve narrowed it down to a DME issue as I have a spare set knocking about in the garage. Swapped a donor dme over and the car cranks and cranks strong and consistent. No faults other than expected , but won’t fire due to cas etc data being different.

A company tried to clone the data from stock Ecu to the donor but it turns out that the cranking issue is a data issue within my factory Ecu.

So I have this spare Ecu which I want to try to get the car up and running. Now I am not a genius when it comes to coding. I’ve done dealer level diagnostics and coding but never ever deep deep stuff such as on this forum.

I don’t want to be spending thousands on software. So is there anyone local to London Uk who can help or can someone advise on what tool can copy the VIN & Cas info over onto my donor module please? And a breakdown of the process on how to do it?

Would really appreciate any advice and help on this as I am sick of it sitting there gathering dust Im getting an increasing urge to want to set it on fire 😊

Thanks
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2023-06-26T22:53:02Z
Hi

I can help, I’m based in london.

Send me a private message