asim
  •  asim
  • 69.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-01-25T17:27:12Z
Hi,

Trying to adapt a used DDE (hereafter donor-DDE) to a BMW 320d E90 buildmonth/year; 09/2007.

original-DDE: 0 281 014 238 // DDE 7 809 000 // 08-01-10
donor-DDE: 0 281 014 238 // DDE 7 809 000 // 07-09-16

Tried to write the ISN of the original-DDE to the donor-DDE. This didn't work. After that I changed the ISN of the CAS to that of the donor-DDE and aligned the DDE and CAS whereafter I could start the car.

Unfortunately since installing the donor-DDE I have the following faults:

[HEATING AND A/C CONTROL (IHK) (ihka87) 1 fault]
E72E Message (status of Automatic Start/Stop function, 0x308) faulty, receiver IHKA, transmitter DME-DDE

[INSTRUMENT CLUSTER (INSTR) (komb87) 2 Faults]
A3AF Message (nominal road speed value, 0x200) faulty, receiver KOMBI, transmitter DME-DDE
A562 Message (status of Automatic Start/Stop function, 0x308) faulty, receiver KOMBI, transmitter DME-DDE

[DIGITAL MOTOR/DIESEL ELECTRONICS (DME/DDE) (d71n47a0) 2 Faults]
4BD7 Engine mount, activation
4B4D Message (torque request, active steering, 0xB1) faulty, receiver DDE, transmitter Active Steering

I compared the "coding" of the original-DDE and the donor-DDE. These are the same, however there is one difference, in the donor-DDE the option "Increase engine idle speed to prevent clutch judder" is not available.

Unfortunately AutoHex II is not able to update the software of the DDE. For both the orignal and the donor-DDE it says:
BMW Nr: 7809000
Assem Nr: 7809202
Action: Replace 8512712
When I click continue AutoHex II says that it is not possible to program the DDE.

Has anyone experience with a comparable case? In my opinion it seems that the software on the donor-DDE differs from the software in the original-DDE but I am not sure if that could be the case. Next to that does anyone know why it is not possible to update the software in the DDE via "Indiv Programming"?

Best regards,

Asim

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2017-01-25T23:04:33Z
You need to activate the expert mode to be able to flash this incompatible dde.
So your first step is requesting the activation of expert mode from technical support.
You must be aware about the following to guarantee a successful operation:
The donor dde is from same series i.e. E89 series
The donor dde has the exact hardware of the original.
Good luck
asim
  •  asim
  • 69.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-01-26T10:03:09Z
Thank you for your reply.

Can you send me instructions on how to activate the "expert mode"? I find it difficult to agree on a given timeslot for your technical support to take over my computer with teamviewer.

Furthermore, what I still don't understand is that both the DDE's, the donor and the original, lead to the same result in "individual programming" e.g. lead to "Action: Replace 8512712". I know for sure that the original-DDE came with the car from the BMW factory and that the donor-DDE contains exact the same hardware as the original-DDE since I compared the printing boards (IC types/processors and components (resistors, etc)).

Best regards,

Asim
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-01-26T14:19:38Z
We prefer to do it by a teamviewer, you simply arrange a laptop that does not have any confidential information, and send them teamviewer.
In regards to the DDE action (replace with):
This is based on Autohex II calculations from FA, so either the DDE is not compatible, or someone changed in FA.
asim
  •  asim
  • 69.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-01-28T21:37:01Z
Thank you for your efforts. With "expert mode" ON everything worked out well.