shortys
  •  shortys
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2023-10-11T15:10:10Z
Getting this message on screen while doing all lost keys on fem.

IMG_1979.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.

sorry image not good but this is what it says

Error while flashing the ECU, please do a full update before you start adding keys or changing ISN.

Not had this before can somebody tell what this means and what i should do next please
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2023-10-12T11:19:40Z
This message is asking to update the fem before programming the key or changing isn. Already fem unlocked/mileage reset completed, so no need to do unlock procedure again but please do programming for fem and then program key and it will be ok.
shortys
  •  shortys
  • 56.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2023-10-13T11:29:58Z
Hi Just an update incase anybody gets same problem
I it gave me key file then when i click to save which it did thats when the message come up. so i tried the indv/programming but wouldnt let me do it?
so anyaway i thought its given me the secret key file so if i restore the FEM and i thought i`ll try to see if it would now let me progrom a new key? so went to key learn ect, it ask me to load key file> put key into keytag all ok read key then select key slot yes>program key yes> put key next to coil on FEM all good> programmed the key.
so went back to the car this morning and yes all worked ok no problems. the only one thing was when i 1st pressed start button it would not crank so i looked at if key was inabled it said no so i put near the column and it then change to yes and the the car started ok. after that it started ok without key next to the column. job done