EMSA
  •  EMSA
  • 52.8% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2017-04-06T14:07:46Z
i need some help im still very new to autohex
but i have a good understanding of how bmws work
i have a mev9.2 which i have replaced because the previous was water damaged ecu and after
i read the isn from the ecu on the bench i write it to the cas 2 without problem next i do the module encoding to ensure to vin is matching aswell and when i try do dme adjustment on the bench it always shows me dme/cas interface communication error if im not mistaken the autohex is meant to act as a gateway so the cas and dme can communicate ?
i then put the ecu and cas into the vehicle and i clear adaption and resync and then vehicle sync and it starts
please explain what i am missing here
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Levanime
2017-04-06T17:30:42Z
is it MEV9.2 or ME9.2?
is it from 4.4 engine N62?

that DME is not supported in Autohex2 so don't expect it to work

for this, what you did is right way,
read ISN by BDM and write it in CAS2 by autohex
then synch with something else and thats it
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-04-06T21:48:51Z
Autohex II acts as a semi gateway. It cannot be a full gateway and a commander to the ecus at the same time as there are not enough transceivers. So sync on bench is not possible.
If you read isn from dme, write to in cas. Then you only need to mount them in vehicle and do sync there.
Gbyleveldt
2017-04-07T04:25:23Z
On those Motorola ECUs there's a separate ISN wire between CAs and ecu. If you wire it in as well you can sync start value. I do it that way on the bench all the time.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-04-07T04:44:07Z
Thank you Gbyleveldt for such valuable information which cannot be found easily. You know in out of BMW.
Gbyleveldt
2017-04-07T06:15:57Z
It's a pleasure buddy