AUTOHEX_BMW
2017-05-29T07:25:10Z
I try to reflash cas4 but failed. I get error: failed to download data from microtronic server reference 8301
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-29T08:27:09Z
error 8301 is from your internet connection.make sure you got strong connection.
Levanime
2017-05-29T19:14:03Z
please, add error descriptions to message boxes

it is so frustrating when you are working and you get error with just number,
and you are in different timezone so microtronik support will be available only in 7-8 hours
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-29T23:14:44Z
I think most errors that can be explained have good descriptions. 8301: cannot download data. Any thing unclear here?
We have some errors may happen in different cases, example the very famous error 1019: this error may appear when you mount an unavailable ecu in the model list, or main server is down. How you want us to explain this?
Reference numbers are only for support and developers to indicate the possible cause of the problem.
Usually programming tools will have one global error: programming failed. ☺️
Gbyleveldt
2017-05-30T03:05:12Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

I think most errors that can be explained have good descriptions. 8301: cannot download data. Any thing unclear here?

Yes, it is unclear and vague for those of us that arent on the development team. Why can it not download data? A better description would be : "Failed to contact Microtronik server, please check internet connection and try again". Or maybe "Your annual subscription has expired, please contact Mikrotronik sales for renewal"

The above is more informative and allows the user to diagnose the issue himself. I'm sorry to say but I'm with Levanime on this one; better and more informative error descriptions would go a long way in improving Autohex from a user perspective.

This is just one example. Another one I'm getting frequently is when a brand new CAS is bought from dealer. When going into Coding/Programming, Autohex fails with an obscure error (8134? I cant remember the number now) right after it supposedly reads the VO from the CAS. Again, no description or help, it simply fails with this cryptic error. It took me a while to figure out Autohex doesn't like a brand new CAS. I still don't know why and I haven't bothered contacting support, as I resolved this issue with other software.

Like Lavanime said, support isn't always available at the drop of a hat. Being able to understand what went wrong puts us in a better way to fix it, especially when you under pressure.
Levanime
2017-05-30T05:48:29Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

We have some errors may happen in different cases, example the very famous error 1019: this error may appear when you mount an unavailable ecu in the model list, or main server is down. How you want us to explain this?
Reference numbers are only for support and developers to indicate the possible cause of the problem.
Usually programming tools will have one global error: programming failed. ☺️

i had many cases where i was getting just error , some numbers without any words added to it.
and most of this happened when i was outside on customers site, trying to do something and it just stops with error.
in that cases, even have no clue where to dig what to change.
it is very stressful and i look very unprofessional in customers eye.

Whatever case it is, giving at least a clue with few words what caused this error would be very helpful in finding solution.
bmw standard tools give very clear indication what caused error, just for comparison.

so please, try to work on this, to add few words on descriptions, it would be very helpful.
in case of same error number in different types of error, well, add numbers for each type if it is possible
BMWorkshop
2017-05-30T07:49:01Z
Agree. A more informative error description would be appreciated. Even though Microtronik are good in helping out with issues over teamviewer, but it may take hours or days ( if they are off for the weekend) before they can connect to a computer to read the log and sort it.
Even the pdf document with error lists, description and how to fix it would be helpful. This would probably reduce Microtronik time spent on support! as we might be able sort the problem ourselves!
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-05-30T22:19:14Z
Ok guys, you win.
Let's see if we can find a method that will satisfy you.
Levanime
2017-06-01T04:30:43Z
I really appreciate and enjoy how Autohex Support works and listens what users ask.

thank you Sir!
kkxdrive
2017-06-01T19:36:34Z
Adel Abdou
2017-07-04T16:59:09Z
The PDF idea with error codes and description would be great !
Thumbs Up for this idea !