asim
  •  asim
  • 69.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-06-26T11:58:12Z
Hi,

Customer came in with the question to code the used headlight unit which he bought since his original headlight unit was damaged in an accident. The used headlight came from a working BMW X3 F25 and contained all the hardware (2x LED driver, 1x Xenon driver, 1x Light Control Module)

After installing the used headlight unit all lights worked only the angel eyes didn't work. There where no faultcodes in the FRM module. So I re-coded the FRM module hoping it would 'accept' the used headlight unit so the angel eyes started working. Coding of the FRM module succeeded but the angel eyes still didn't turn on.

So I started to comparing the BMW partnumbers on both headlight units, the used one and the original one. The main partnumber for the used headlight unit was the same as the main partnumber of the original headlight unit. However the partnumber of the Light Control Module was not the same;
-> the partnumber of the original light control module was 7316182
-> the partnumber of the light control module that came in the used headlight unit was 7316211

Since I was not able to get the angel eyes up and running someone else exchanged the light control module between the left and right headlight unit and changed them back. Now both angel eyes stopped working.

Does anyone know if the light controle modules need to be coded to the car and how this coding can be done with the AutoHex II?

Best regards,

Asim
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

zaheer
2017-06-26T14:14:46Z
Go to fem advance coding and find the function you want to activate
zaheer
2017-06-26T14:20:04Z
Usually when the body electronic getting short the fem or frm deactivate it and will not work till you activate it from frm or fem
Tibibond
2017-06-26T20:46:31Z
1.look on light module from headlight. see what kind on module is (f25 ahl, f25 xenon etc)
2.look in frm manual coding. find tms type and select the module type you have for the side with problems...
3. is easier than my explanation

edited: your modules are the same type F25 BIX
please run ista D and run Headlight initialization
asim
  •  asim
  • 69.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-07-03T20:58:04Z
@All; thank you for your suggestions. Everything was coded correctly (ao F25BIX). I don't have ista D, but Autologic gave me the option for the Headlight initialization. After this the 'angel eyes' where still non-functional.

The owner of the car went to the BMW dealership who told him that they could get the angel eyes up and running in no time. Unfortunately they also didn't succeed in getting the angel eyes up and running. The car is in the dealership now and this week some BMW person will come over to the dealership to fix the lights.

Best regards,
kkxdrive
2017-07-04T00:04:19Z
I think its not only about codding. You need to change pins on this retrofit.
Tibibond
2017-07-04T05:30:28Z
i suspect that one of your headlight module is defective
asim
  •  asim
  • 69.6% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-07-04T08:12:05Z
@kkxdrive; it is not a retrofit. The car was originally equipped with these lights. Only one broke down. Or do you mean that re-wiring has to be done because the wiring for part no. 7316182 is other than that for 7316211. According to the BMW dealership these modules can be exchanged without adjustments.
@Tibibond; a "working" complete headlight unit was place in the car and didn't work either.