kkxdrive
  •  kkxdrive
  • 63.2% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-01T18:28:05Z
Well, did ask/mask update on e65 and system is gone now. Programming ended with an error Ref. 8352. Black screen, no navi/audio/phone etc...Though autohex is safe but turns out its not that safe on most system. How can i recover it??
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

BRAMAN BYRON
2017-09-01T19:32:50Z
the problem is no autohex, are the same problem in all bmw dealers when you try to update ccc radio . this module is some cases it doesnt supor the new update , example when last updated for radio was many years ago like 2008 , when you trying to updade to last year the radio suffers damage.. the same problem is for CAS module when the last updated is too old .
the problem is from facctory
kkxdrive
  •  kkxdrive
  • 63.2% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-01T21:02:01Z
Will have to go back to bmw standard tools and try to recover it with winkfp. Not happy...
Tibibond
2017-09-02T04:54:58Z
did you not get a bit ETA when tried to program? as i know ASK is on MOST protocol so on CAN shoul take a long time to finish updating. never a good idea to update modules that are updated over MOST regularly, i lost a E90 CIC that way...
kkxdrive
  •  kkxdrive
  • 63.2% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-02T07:30:44Z
cardiagcom
2017-09-02T16:57:40Z
car is done now , problem is Autohex not have MOST connection for MOST module , problem sorted with ISTA P
kkxdrive
  •  kkxdrive
  • 63.2% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-02T17:27:22Z
Thanks to cardiagcom. Yes, be very careful on most system with autohex. The programming most system option should not be there...
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-09-02T19:16:57Z
If you want to program an Ecu in MOSt network, you should be aware about the dependency among those Ecus in the same network, when an Ecu is erased, other one (at least partially) is erased too . This means, you have to flash the MOST Ecus group in a correct sequence. Or you will get the error 8352 which means Ecu is still in boot mode.
Autohex II is safe if you know what you are doing.
To solve this issue, you can use ISTA-P which will flash all Ecus in this group in the correct sequence.
cardiagcom
2017-09-02T19:29:17Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

If you want to program an Ecu in MOSt network, you should be aware about the dependency among those Ecus in the same network, when an Ecu is erased, other one (at least partially) is erased too . This means, you have to flash the MOST Ecus group in a correct sequence. Or you will get the error 8352 which means Ecu is still in boot mode.
Autohex II is safe if you know what you are doing.
To solve this issue, you can use ISTA-P which will flash all Ecus in this group in the correct sequence.

Hi
How you flashing MOST modules via Autohex for example CIC, MMI, can you explane for other users please?

kkxdrive
  •  kkxdrive
  • 63.2% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-02T19:49:44Z
Ok, but how we can know what is correct sequence? Radio first? navi first? tv first? I will defo avoid using autohex on most system, is that the soution?
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-09-02T20:03:22Z
The trick is to know which Ecu should be updated before the other. Autohex II does not show the sequence but it can be calculated from the FA.
Unfortunately there is no fixed sequence because this differs from a car configuration to another.
If you have to do this update by Autohex II and Autohex II has failed, you need to send us the log file, from there we can conclude the update sequence.
By the way: MOST network Ecus update is always risky in E series, no matter if you used the MOST cable or not, just check other BMW forums to realise that it is better to not update such Ecus unless if you are forced too.
bawareca1
2017-09-02T21:34:39Z

By the way: MOST network Ecus update is always risky in E series, no matter if you used the MOST cable or not, just check other BMW forums to realise that it is better to not update such Ecus unless if you are forced too.

I never update MOST ECUs (even with most connector) except if customer signs a waiver that I am not responsible :-))). Makes the life a bit easier.

Autohex_II_BMW
2017-09-02T22:22:17Z
This is a very wise method
kkxdrive
  •  kkxdrive
  • 63.2% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2017-09-02T22:25:25Z
Ok. I'm happy with the respond and explanation. Thank You
Adel Abdou
2017-09-10T12:29:56Z

The trick is to know which Ecu should be updated before the other. Autohex II does not show the sequence but it can be calculated from the FA.
Unfortunately there is no fixed sequence because this differs from a car configuration to another.
If you have to do this update by Autohex II and Autohex II has failed, you need to send us the log file, from there we can conclude the update sequence.

True ! even with ISTA-P and certified ICOM + MOST plug you most likely lose the MULF ECU when updating your CIC/CCC
damienj
2017-10-05T17:04:16Z
I have genuine ICOM Next and MOST

I have done a software update on CCC only for it to brick
Telephone modules are very common to brick also

Even when you do update the CCC, often premium voice is an issue. you need to pay and raise a ticket with AOS to get the certification to reinstall it

I just avoid doing the CCC or CIC unless all is lost.

Yes it can be received buts its more work that often isn't needed.

On RAD2 I've updated with autohex and its bricked. reapply update with autohex and it goes through