miksonics
2017-10-30T00:28:20Z
Hi all i have a big problem in hand as owner just called the cops on me i brick his car!

Story
car came to me with dme dead DME 1

i copied out ISNa nd stored on pc, went o ebay and ordered DME,CAS4, KEY AND ZGW belonging to BMW F10, i put in the unit and car started with engine steaming well, i then drill a hole with a punch
using using ISN boot mode i wrote in ISN and car started after coding with engine shaking cylinder 1-4 not working properly, i then did valvetronic reset through launch V, still no luck i then used autohex to update both dme and coded them and car ran fine, drove car around for 3 days and updated other module around car, Tacho of KOMBI (speed clock ) was not working when driving car so i opted to flash KOMBI but was unsuccessful kombi bricked.

after kombi bricked car would no more start or start hard with message dme cannot communicate with kombi over flex ray bus, i tried all but no luck, i then bought ICOM with ISTA-p and ESYS, ISTA-p could not flash KOMBI also i then decided to use ESYS, read FA save it and activated read SVT got to expert and read I-STEP which was F10-12-11-503 did TAL calculation went back to TAL processing on comfort mode and flash 4 unit zgw,kombi,amp,hud 3d,hu_cic, after update kombi worked with car starting well but with engine reduce power cylinder 1234 no more working car in LIMP mode.

now if i try to program DME1 and DME 2 autohex flashes the 2 dme's with same part number 2dme is now on single address (12) instead of DME1 on diagnostic address 13 and DME2 on address 12,bootloader of dme same coding file CAF same software end with _30 same details is contained in 2 dme so 2 masters map file instead of 1 master 1 slave map file.

dme 1is not seeing camshaft exhaust bank 1, even when i swap dme and code and start

dme 's work on F10 m5 after programmed with autohex to M5, checked dme details after flash on donor car 2 ecu flashed with different softwares and shows dme 1 and dme 2.

DME have been tested to be ok
FA that autohex uses for programming is corrupted after flash with ESYS, how do i get the original FA back and restore ECU back, thanks everyone for contributing.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Levanime
2017-10-30T05:33:11Z
I believe we are missing some information here.

after some manipulations car drove fine 3 days, and then bricking kombi and flashing it damaged connection from dme1 to camshaft exhaust bank1?
miksonics
2017-10-30T09:49:21Z
car drove fine but kombi Tacho was not working, i i decided to flash kombi with autohex

Kombi flash could not be completed with autohex other dependency got working even cic that was asking of updated got updated successfully but dme 1 no more working, car stalls why starting.
roxetteer
2017-10-30T18:04:28Z
So everything was fine till you updated KOMBI or you didn't have tachometer from the beginning???

What fault codes do you have on DME1 ?
Tibibond
2017-10-30T18:48:33Z
did you, by any chance replaced zgw or cas? if you touch ZGW and you get FA messed, no programmer can help you anymore. i can t see how DME changed address.. please make sure that FA is okay and not manipulated in any way and only then continue to program anything else......

be careful with expert mode on autohex, this option is to use only when you are sure that HW matches. if HW is not okay or FA is messed on F series any programmer will flash units according to FA and Integration Level...
miksonics
2017-10-31T05:20:46Z
car works fine until i try to reprogram KOMBI
miksonics
2017-10-31T05:24:42Z
DME1 complains of low fuel pressure and camshaft exhaust sensor , all effort to replace sensor no good, connection to DME from sensor ok, 5v and ground to sensor ok
miksonics
2017-10-31T05:40:48Z
@Tibibond

i bought a complete start unit from ebay with key car zgw and dme's, my plan was to add EGS to control unit backup FA restore on new unit and code, but swl of EGS autohex cannot rest this, so reverted to drilling a hole on dme, use ISN boot mode to restore ISN, started car but did this misfires and sensor issue, check update programming, updated the dme and car was very fine, drove fine but i noticed taco on KOMBI not working, CIC unit was asking for update so i flash and problem started, before using ESYS to restore KOMBI i backup FA which was very important. what am thinking is that ESYS used the F10 I-shipment data to mess up ZGW
miksonics
2017-11-06T20:35:22Z
Autohex is not doing complete slow flash of dme its doing fast flash and coding, i have set the settings to enable slow flash no luck, now it sees the two DME and differentiate them but will not flash them to compatibility.
wielandgeorg
2020-04-19T15:22:57Z
Did you ever resolve your issue?

What was the fix