PDXAutoworks
2019-07-26T04:12:24Z
I recently purchased the $450 Hexprog unit mainly for repairing corrupted frm modules. I had a customer inquire about his e60 m5. He purchased a used match set dme, cas and key. He also purchased a used instrument cluster. Is there anything I can do with hexprog to change the mileage and VIN to match the original mileage and VIN? I am new to all this. Thank you.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

RocketSurgeon
2019-07-26T06:33:32Z
Hexprog can change VIN and mileage in CAS EEPROM and cluster EEPROM. It even has a handy hex editor that works great for CAS.
bratick
2019-07-26T08:18:00Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

I recently purchased the $450 Hexprog unit mainly for repairing corrupted frm modules. I had a customer inquire about his e60 m5. He purchased a used match set dme, cas and key. He also purchased a used instrument cluster. Is there anything I can do with hexprog to change the mileage and VIN to match the original mileage and VIN? I am new to all this. Thank you.

You can do with hexprog all these tasks and with e series cluster should no problems. change vin in cluster to ff and change mileage you need. on cas change vin and set mileage to 0.
remember in car bloks everything is in km.
PDXAutoworks
2019-07-26T13:54:24Z
Thanks for the replies! Can all this be done via the obd2 port or do I need to pull out the modules and solder adaptors to circuit board?
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
bratick
2019-07-26T17:29:29Z
it cant be done by obd.
cardiagcom
2019-07-26T18:20:25Z

Thanks for the replies! Can all this be done via the obd2 port or do I need to pull out the modules and solder adaptors to circuit board?

Can be this all done but no via OBD vith HEXPROG , with Hexprog you must open Clock and Cas
PDXAutoworks
2019-07-27T06:37:44Z
I read the cas2, how can I modify it? Do I need a seperate hex editor? I'm sorry for all these questions, however I can not find any helpful guide to learn to use this programmer.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
bratick
2019-07-27T10:11:01Z

I read the cas2, how can I modify it? Do I need a seperate hex editor? I'm sorry for all these questions, however I can not find any helpful guide to learn to use this programmer.

For cas2 and cas 3 you need a separate calculator. Upload it here, someone gonna help with that.
PDXAutoworks
2019-07-30T04:51:11Z
I just purchased autohex II (should be arriving in s few days). Will I be able to edit cas 2 / cas 3 via autohex?
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
Autohex_II_BMW
2019-07-30T05:19:46Z

I just purchased autohex II (should be arriving in s few days). Will I be able to edit cas 2 / cas 3 via autohex?

yes you can we support all BMW from cas1 and up
The normal steps for the replacement of CAS (when original CAS is dead)
1. Get a working CAS with valid key
2. Read DME ISN and write it to CAS
3. Restore FA from LM to CAS from FA manager
4. Change VIN for CAS from advanced option in CAS replacement
5. GO back to the main menu in software
6. Start again with coding/programing
7. DO coding for CAS

PDXAutoworks
2019-08-01T15:29:02Z
How do I connect to cas2 on bench? Not sure which connector to use and if I need to solder on circuit board or do I connect through pins?
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer