LasoGarage
2022-03-06T19:28:47Z
Can anyone help me understand the concept of Secretkey that appears in CAS4 and FEM / BDC?
Usually devices like Autohex do everything for us, but I would like to understand what SK is for.
Last time I changed ISN to CAS4 with Hextag and added a new key I lost ignition.
It is the same in FEM / BDC where there are SK, ISN DME / DDE and ISN long which are completely different.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-07T06:39:17Z
Originally Posted by: LasoGarage 

Can anyone help me understand the concept of Secretkey that appears in CAS4 and FEM / BDC?
Usually devices like Autohex do everything for us, but I would like to understand what SK is for.
Last time I changed ISN to CAS4 with Hextag and added a new key I lost ignition.
It is the same in FEM / BDC where there are SK, ISN DME / DDE and ISN long which are completely different.

secret key on cas4/4+ is different from ISN it is not the stored ISN. I guess you are using different to identify FEM because in our software there is no option like secret key for FEM/BDC. You have only secret file which you will get after unlock FEM/BDC or CAS which you can use for functions like programming key, edit ISN, change VIN etc.
https://www.microtronik....ns/fem-and-bdc-unlocking