Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2022-01-18T14:42:11Z
Hello!

Today I tried to make new keys for a FEM (F31) and a BDC (F15) with Autohex. A really expensive tool but the SOIC-8 clipis are like a pain in the ass. I tried for 90 minutes to connect the clip with the eeprom - no way. This used wire-set is the second set, cause the clip from the first set was also not working after 20 FEM/BDC unlocks. Now I have to do the job with other tool and have to desolder and solder the eeprom. To use a competitor tool wasn't the reason to buy Autohex.

Sorry Microtronik. I'm already angry because there are no more updates for Autohex, but these stupid damn clips give me the rest. What good is a good tool if the cables and clips for it are lousy?

CU Oliver
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-01-19T07:30:50Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

Hello!

Today I tried to make new keys for a FEM (F31) and a BDC (F15) with Autohex. A really expensive tool but the SOIC-8 clipis are like a pain in the ass. I tried for 90 minutes to connect the clip with the eeprom - no way. This used wire-set is the second set, cause the clip from the first set was also not working after 20 FEM/BDC unlocks. Now I have to do the job with other tool and have to desolder and solder the eeprom. To use a competitor tool wasn't the reason to buy Autohex.

Sorry Microtronik. I'm already angry because there are no more updates for Autohex, but these stupid damn clips give me the rest. What good is a good tool if the cables and clips for it are lousy?

CU Oliver

hello
Sorry for trouble caused, If your clip is not working it can be because of multiple reasons so please contact our support so we can check what is wrong with your tool. Please contact us on our working hours. We work from 9AM to 6:30PM GMT + 4 (Dubai,UAE) for technical support and only closed on sunday.
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2022-01-19T12:46:56Z
Hello!

In which way the support can help me when the damn clip will not fit on any eeprom? It's a question of the material. You can clean the eeprom, you can try to fix the clip in nearly any position, it will not fit on the eeprom. Had the same before with the first set. That was the reason I bought a new one and the new clip did his job but after 20-30 eeproms it looks like the plastic material of the clip is simply used up.

CU Oliver
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-01-20T09:35:11Z
Originally Posted by: Milkyway 

Hello!

In which way the support can help me when the damn clip will not fit on any eeprom? It's a question of the material. You can clean the eeprom, you can try to fix the clip in nearly any position, it will not fit on the eeprom. Had the same before with the first set. That was the reason I bought a new one and the new clip did his job but after 20-30 eeproms it looks like the plastic material of the clip is simply used up.

CU Oliver

if the clip works once you change it then its ok, sometime can get clip error from hardware issue that's why we asked to contact support. In that case clip will not work all time. But as i can see when you replace clip it works.
Eddy
  •  Eddy
  • 55.6% (Neutral)
2022-08-19T15:30:05Z
Just get another type of clip that can be attached better. These clips are never good for long time stay.