Piconerd
2023-04-13T13:20:07Z
Hi All,
I have E90 in the workshop. Car came in with adaptive headlamp warning / stepper motor fault.
My plan was to code out the adaptive headlamps and retest. I wanted to check this would work before discussing with customer (bad move) so i removed option 524 from CAS, copied new VO to FRM and finally coded FRM.
This worked as no more stepper motor fault was stored, BUT since coding I have indicators that flash at double rate and warnings for all rear lamps.
It looks like somebody has previously fitted LCi lights with LED to rear of this vehicle.
I assume next step is to code FRM in special coding functions to add rear Lci lights.
I looked through coding options in Autohex but cant work out which coding option to use (assuming it is there).
Can somebody with experience please tell me which option to choose.
Much appreciated.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Piconerd
2023-04-14T10:32:21Z
Originally Posted by: Piconerd 

Hi All,
I have E90 in the workshop. Car came in with adaptive headlamp warning / stepper motor fault.
My plan was to code out the adaptive headlamps and retest. I wanted to check this would work before discussing with customer (bad move) so i removed option 524 from CAS, copied new VO to FRM and finally coded FRM.
This worked as no more stepper motor fault was stored, BUT since coding I have indicators that flash at double rate and warnings for all rear lamps.
It looks like somebody has previously fitted LCi lights with LED to rear of this vehicle.
I assume next step is to code FRM in special coding functions to add rear Lci lights.
I looked through coding options in Autohex but cant work out which coding option to use (assuming it is there).
Can somebody with experience please tell me which option to choose.
Much appreciated.

So after much messing around, I finally resolved the issue by switching off exterior bulb monitoring completely. I had to do this using Autologic tool in the end because it does not appear to work when done by Autohex tool in FRM advanced coding. I tried multiple times to switch off bulb monitoring using Autohex and never succeeded. Autologic worked first time.
Switching off bulb monitoring in FRM was accessed in retrofits - E92/93 - Facelift rear lights - FRM 2. According to instructions given in Autologic, FRM 2 requires switching off bulb monitoring completely if rear LED lamps are fitted, unlike FRM3.