BmwMerc
  •  BmwMerc
  • 71% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-12-08T12:55:55Z
Hi,
need advise on this job cause usually I don`t work on VAG cars.
customer has Passat 2013 and I guess it is from auction. ECU is PCR2.1 CAYC
Originally it couldn`t start and no crank at all (immo issues maybe) dashboard lights up but no ignition.
He replaced it with a new used donor kit from exactly the same car which includes ECU(same part no), BCM PQ47, instrument cluster, elv, key slot and key, gateway, convenience module (not sure why 🙂 ) and that is it I think.
Car starts, but there is problem with ABS, dashboard like christmas tree, of course the higher mileage picked up comp. to ori was, tried to code ABS, but probably because of different VIN it doesn`t pick up any coding. Also Online odis wasn`t too helpful it picks the donor VIN automatically and can see only some modules. So, the VIN has to be sorted first I guess.
Whats the best solution on this VAG car to fully sort all probs incl. ABS?
Thanks in advance.

One more thing to mention. I`ve tried to leave ELV ori when donor kit installed and can`t get ignition on too, maybe issue was with ELV on original kit? But as I said not sure about VAG immo systems how they work. So, need advice from someone who works on VWs.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

AdrianM
2020-12-08T13:16:49Z
Best option is to match immo with online geko account .
Second in line is to make ecu immo off .
User sixcode is the right person who can help you in this matter .
Of course read and write in bench with hexprog .
The abs unit when see another vin in ecu and cluster may trigger auto decoding .
And in that case you must recode abs control unit anyway .
Best regards
cardiagcom
2020-12-09T19:43:33Z
Originally Posted by: BmwMerc 

Hi,
need advise on this job cause usually I don`t work on VAG cars.
customer has Passat 2013 and I guess it is from auction. ECU is PCR2.1 CAYC
Originally it couldn`t start and no crank at all (immo issues maybe) dashboard lights up but no ignition.
He replaced it with a new used donor kit from exactly the same car which includes ECU(same part no), BCM PQ47, instrument cluster, elv, key slot and key, gateway, convenience module (not sure why 🙂 ) and that is it I think.
Car starts, but there is problem with ABS, dashboard like christmas tree, of course the higher mileage picked up comp. to ori was, tried to code ABS, but probably because of different VIN it doesn`t pick up any coding. Also Online odis wasn`t too helpful it picks the donor VIN automatically and can see only some modules. So, the VIN has to be sorted first I guess.
Whats the best solution on this VAG car to fully sort all probs incl. ABS?
Thanks in advance.

One more thing to mention. I`ve tried to leave ELV ori when donor kit installed and can`t get ignition on too, maybe issue was with ELV on original kit? But as I said not sure about VAG immo systems how they work. So, need advice from someone who works on VWs.

My advice is put back every ORI module and read CAN GATEWAY list with VCDS we see witch module not responding also make full scan with VCDS , can i help you where you from UK
AUTOHEX_BMW
2021-01-16T21:06:18Z
Originally Posted by: AdrianM 

Best option is to match immo with online geko account .
Second in line is to make ecu immo off .
User sixcode is the right person who can help you in this matter .
Of course read and write in bench with hexprog .
The abs unit when see another vin in ecu and cluster may trigger auto decoding .
And in that case you must recode abs control unit anyway .
Best regards

PCR 2.1 don't support immo off, only with immo emulator
Tunecy
2021-01-17T05:18:37Z
Elv has immo adaption inside thats why there was no ignition on. With no fault code document i can not say if it was the Elv the problem. Best thing to do now is that the coding of ABS if you check it is all 0 and it needs to be coding but with ODIS probably want work because it gives the coding of the current install VIN so find someone with VCDS to spent some time to match the coding. BR