uberpeace2021
2021-04-22T02:35:30Z
hello everyone, should we create a database of virgin files to have access to! I work for a repair shop and have access to a bunch of cars I run the shop so I can pretty much grab and read and save anything I want for the good of the community. cars I have on hand 2015 Lexus rx350, 2011 Audi a4 Quattro auto 2.0,2010 mini cooper auto 1.6, 2001 BMW x5 4.4liter, and a 2000 BMW z3 automatic, and I have on hand a Porsche 996 911 immobilizer control unit which I will read and save this weekend. so far I have read and saved flash and EEPROM for the mini cooper cas3 module and the FRM. please let me know if anyone needs anything I may be able to get my hand on it. I get the basics of this process but I know there are tons to learn I figure I would help out the community in any way I can. unless there is already a database for these files online that I don't know about lol. I have a few questions as well if anyone could answer them it will be greatly appreciated.

questions: can someone clear the term virgin file!!>?? and give an example for me
also would this scenario work. so I have a 2010 mini cooper 1.6 auto in the shop with a bad cas3 module. so I ordered a compatible cas3 with the same parts numbers etc and am just waiting for it to arrive! so my plan is I have already read and saved the flash & EEPROM from the original cas3, my plan is to take the new used one and read those files as well and save them, then erase the new used unit and write the flash & EEPROM from the original one that I saved. now my question is in regards to keys, I know that CAS is parts of the ring for the ISN code. how would I write the original ISN from the original CAS to the newly used CAS or does it do it automatically when I write the EEPROM file to it. also, would the keys work fine or would I have to re-program or relearn them using the ISN number thanks in advance!
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2021-04-22T05:39:44Z
Originally Posted by: uberpeace2021 

questions: can someone clear the term virgin file!!>?? and give an example for me
also would this scenario work. so I have a 2010 mini cooper 1.6 auto in the shop with a bad cas3 module. so I ordered a compatible cas3 with the same parts numbers etc and am just waiting for it to arrive! so my plan is I have already read and saved the flash & EEPROM from the original cas3, my plan is to take the new used one and read those files as well and save them, then erase the new used unit and write the flash & EEPROM from the original one that I saved. now my question is in regards to keys, I know that CAS is parts of the ring for the ISN code. how would I write the original ISN from the original CAS to the newly used CAS or does it do it automatically when I write the EEPROM file to it. also, would the keys work fine or would I have to re-program or relearn them using the ISN number thanks in advance!

I think most of this you can do with HexProg.
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-04-22T08:14:30Z
Originally Posted by: uberpeace2021 

hello everyone, should we create a database of virgin files to have access to! I work for a repair shop and have access to a bunch of cars I run the shop so I can pretty much grab and read and save anything I want for the good of the community. cars I have on hand 2015 Lexus rx350, 2011 Audi a4 Quattro auto 2.0,2010 mini cooper auto 1.6, 2001 BMW x5 4.4liter, and a 2000 BMW z3 automatic, and I have on hand a Porsche 996 911 immobilizer control unit which I will read and save this weekend. so far I have read and saved flash and EEPROM for the mini cooper cas3 module and the FRM. please let me know if anyone needs anything I may be able to get my hand on it. I get the basics of this process but I know there are tons to learn I figure I would help out the community in any way I can. unless there is already a database for these files online that I don't know about lol. I have a few questions as well if anyone could answer them it will be greatly appreciated.

when you transfer eeprom to original cas to donor all data like ISN,key ,VIN ,FA etc will be transferred because its stored in EEPROM .If you have autohex you can do this work even without original CAS also. you can contact our support via email or live chat for any technical doubts on our software also.
uberpeace2021
2021-04-22T12:16:18Z
Thanks guys.. i will contact tech support.