AER
  •  AER
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2016-11-26T14:38:59Z
Hi All.

I would like to read ISN number from MSD80 on bench because all keys has been lost.
Does somebody has pin outs how should look like to get read this?

Regards
Arek
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Findlaybum
2016-11-27T09:15:26Z
 isn.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.If you have the latest hardware then the diagram is part of the software mate.

Just click the ISN Icon and all will become clear .
OFFICIAL FRIEND OF OFFICIAL AUTOHEX II PARTNER .. AND OFFICIAL FRIEND OF THE BOSS .:)
AER
  •  AER
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2016-11-28T09:10:10Z
Hi Mate.
So mean that could be only read via boot mode on bench. Can I connect via gateway(which has autohex) together CAS with DME and read ISN? You see I have connected already CAS with DME and AUTOHEX and can see that modules but when i press read then wants to programming before read ISN and asking me to switch ignition on.
Only i dont know how connect pins to get ignition on.

CAS3
PIN 34 - +12v
PIN 12 - GND
PIN 35 - CAN H
PIN 26 - CAN L

DME MSD80
X01 plug
PIN 1 - +12V
PIN 3 - GND
X03 plug
PIN 1 - +12V
X02 plug
PIN 14 - CAN H
PIN 13 - CAN L
100ohm resistor between CAN H and CAN L
Autohex_II_BMW
2016-11-28T15:44:40Z
If you are reading ISN on Bench, you don't need ignition , just avoid this message and let the procedure continues.
Cheers
AER
  •  AER
  • 52% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2016-11-28T19:39:29Z
AUTOHEX_II_BMW Thank You I just done. That i wasnt sure 🙂 . Got support via teamviewer from my seller. Thank YOU.
autohex_II_USA
2016-11-30T20:40:14Z
Originally Posted by: AER 

Hi Mate.
So mean that could be only read via boot mode on bench. Can I connect via gateway(which has autohex) together CAS with DME and read ISN? You see I have connected already CAS with DME and AUTOHEX and can see that modules but when i press read then wants to programming before read ISN and asking me to switch ignition on.
Only i dont know how connect pins to get ignition on.

CAS3
PIN 34 - +12v
PIN 12 - GND
PIN 35 - CAN H
PIN 26 - CAN L

DME MSD80
X01 plug
PIN 1 - +12V
PIN 3 - GND
X03 plug
PIN 1 - +12V
X02 plug
PIN 14 - CAN H
PIN 13 - CAN L
100ohm resistor between CAN H and CAN L

hi so how u can get it done form your seller to do bench CAS & DME... can u share..?? thanks
ecarkey
2017-01-11T03:50:15Z
I think DME info can be read by PT-CAN, not by K-CAN. That is my opinion.
I have JBE and CAS to build a testing platform. By the way, it should have waken-up wiring.
I am not good at this. Maybe I am wrong. But it is how I build it.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-01-11T07:30:02Z
DME is always connected to pt-can in models after 2000
You can connect both cas and dme to Autohex without jbe
Levanime
2017-01-15T01:40:04Z
I would like to elaborate more on this,
I have MSD80 here,
need to read ISN.

In menu, when i click bench it says it will be available on next software update (support says it will be soon)

As i remember to read it in boot mode I need tricore password, and to get tricore password i need bench mode

Is there anything i can do now to read ISN?

I also have VVDI Prog but MSD80 is not supported in it.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-01-15T14:02:19Z
You can easily connect on bench, (along with ANY CAS), go to coding/programming, then go to ISN manager.
You can get ISN and password from there.
Actually On Bench is just a SHORTCUT of a collection of functions in coding/programming that don't need FA information ( like ISN, key programming,...etc)
So all users can do everything they want without the on bench if they connect a CAS along with the DME to Autohex II.
Levanime
2017-01-15T17:36:13Z
I see, thanks!

currently i dont have CAS,
i have JBE+DME only

so, ill wait for new version, no point of purchasing CAS for couple of weeks.
Gbyleveldt
2017-01-20T02:18:34Z
When doing a ECU job, you know it'll eventually need to be paired to a CAS. So, when I do such a job I always insist that faulty DME is delivered to me with CAS and Key. That way, when doing ECU work you have the intended CAS available to you. That way, you know the correct programming and coding is done before pulling ISN from ECU in order to align.

If someone asks you to just get ISN off DME, you must remember that sometimes DME software is too old and must be updated for Autohex to be able to pull ISN. If you don't have the CAS available then you won't know what software version is correct to update the DME. The point is, if you have the intended CAS available then the risk of problems down the line becomes a lot less.