Levanime
  •  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2016-12-04T06:54:28Z
Hi Guys,

Today I had two cases when the FA was screwed up somehow and AutoHex2 would not allow to get in Indiv coding neither in Indiv programming,

I've had many cases like this and I believe other users had this kind of problem many times as well.
In this cases we have to use other software to fix the problem.

So an Idea came to me and would like to ask to do It, if you think it would be convenient,

It would be very useful if we would have option, probably in advanced mode, to "factory default" FA of the car (thru VIN number)

i.e. with that button it would be possible to get the factory list of options and update CAS/FRM/LM of the car
after that it would be possible to work on the car in Indiv Coding/Programming with AutoHex2

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2016-12-04T15:12:39Z
So, you assume that FA data can be easily retrieved by VIN?
This is only possible from BMW online.
We already gave Autohex users the options to backup the FA in files or in the backup modules before they try to modify the FA in the CAS.
Levanime
  •  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-12-04T17:52:09Z
Hi,

Thanks for reply,

could not be VIN decoded somehow without BMW Online?
I usually check on internet, plenty of websites, or it is not enough?

roxetteer
2016-12-05T07:26:00Z
Altering the FA without advanced knowledge is like playing with fire. It is retrievable, no doubt about it, but if someone else altered it, it could be a trial and error for the one trying to fix it without having the factory default from BMW.

Date and model 4-digit number are also key reasons for a screwed up FA, I believe that Autohex must allow altering these values too, in order to have more control over it.
And advanced coding for F series too...
Levanime
  •  Levanime
  • 100% (Exalted)
2016-12-06T01:16:43Z
Good point,

I believe it should be in Advanced mode, under users responsibility,

I've screwed up vehicle order cases quite often, and cant use Autohex2 in that cases and have to use other tools, so it would be nice to have this feature in this great tool.