GPalamarov
2021-11-05T19:39:00Z
Hi! I am trying to write a tune in MSD81 ECU. I have successfully done backup and PFlash read, but I can not write. When i try to write I get error message "Cannot perform checksum. Make sure your modified file is valid. -Ref:3104-

It is impossible to write the file that i just read from the ecu also.
I have donor ecus that i tested on with the same result. I can read Pflash, but I can not write back to the ecu.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
George
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2021-11-06T07:57:44Z
Originally Posted by: GPalamarov 

Hi! I am trying to write a tune in MSD81 ECU. I have successfully done backup and PFlash read, but I can not write. When i try to write I get error message "Cannot perform checksum. Make sure your modified file is valid. -Ref:3104-

It is impossible to write the file that i just read from the ecu also.
I have donor ecus that i tested on with the same result. I can read Pflash, but I can not write back to the ecu.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
George

Hello
You can send us original and mod file via email (tech.support15@micro-tronik.com) we can do manual checksum for you and you can write the file manual checksum corrected file after making checksum setting OFF from your configuration page. Don't forget to make it back ON after you complete your writing.
 Hexprog-Ecu-Cloning-Checksum-options_149_580.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
GPalamarov
2021-11-06T10:05:26Z
I will do that! Thank you!

Actually now i tried to write tune file in delphi CRD3.1 and it wrote with no issues, but the car is not starting and has checksum dtc stored and current.
Is it possible that it is something in my computer that is causing the checksum to not work? I am pretty sure that i have used hexprog before on ecus like this without any issue.

Best regards,
George
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-11-06T10:23:50Z
Originally Posted by: GPalamarov 

I will do that! Thank you!

Actually now i tried to write tune file in delphi CRD3.1 and it wrote with no issues, but the car is not starting and has checksum dtc stored and current.
Is it possible that it is something in my computer that is causing the checksum to not work? I am pretty sure that i have used hexprog before on ecus like this without any issue.

Best regards,
George

If you got issue on CRD3 make sure your setting for checksum is ON , you can contact support also.