automule
2023-02-15T04:16:54Z
Hello,
New to the forum and new to ecu repairs and cloning. I recently updated to the most recent software version and followed the connection pinout for MSD81 with the tricore cable to back up for cloning.

I receive 9c4- when attempting to backup up or clone in bench mode. I also tried with the donor DME MSD81 and an old DME with MSD80. Microtronik has a nice video as well that advised to backup both and then perform cloning.

Any suggestions for what I could be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated. This is my first DME clone. Hopefully 1 of many.

thank you.

continental
7 586 933
MSD81
5WK93714
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2023-02-15T11:31:20Z
Hi
9C4 error normally comes with continental ECU after writing a different flash file to the ECU. It will change the tricore password in ECU and when try read again software can no longer detect the correct password and will give 9c4 error. If you have original flash file of that same ECU it must be written back to ECU in boot mode to return back the actual password in ECU. After this ECU must be cloned properly. If ECU has its original files in it and also original password and also same 9c4 error, then please contact the support team via ticket on www.hexprog.com  or via live chat on the website. They will check your file and logs and try to find out the issue.