gearboxny
2017-09-30T12:54:50Z
Hi Guys! My friend sent me his DME for ISN reading. An I connect it on a bench and try to read ISN. After around 10 min of DME update I got message: "Please Program This Module with latest update first".
Now I do not have communication with DME. My question: How can I update DME with out car?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2017-09-30T13:53:36Z
connect any CAS which uses MSV80 along with DME and update dme from indiv programming ,after that go for ISN reading.
Justin
  •  Justin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2017-10-03T09:50:51Z
Hi guys
I also get the same problem when i try to read ISN through 'Bench Mode', but i never have a problem when i'm not using the bench mode option and a CAS is connected on the bench.
I think it's probably best to not use bench mode to read MSV/D** type DMEs, just use normal mode when working on the bench and any CAS will do the job.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-10-03T11:40:38Z
For Some MSV80 you need to flash ECU individually for readiing ISN,For that case you will get message as stated above "update ECU to latest version".Only in that situation you need to connect CAS. In most cases just DME connected is enough.