Anthony
  •  Anthony
  • 61% (Friendly)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2018-02-04T02:28:38Z
Hello, I'm trying to find out why Autohex isn't reading dme isn on 2011 e92 in the car? I'm trying to replace dme with another used one. The car starts with original dme but according to shop isn't working correctly so it needs replacement. I don't have ecu programming on Autohex just locksmith key programming but I don't know if this is a problem? So then I downgraded the cas and got the isn from there however I cannot read or write to the new or original dme on car. It gives error 8345 after ecu read. Is this normal? Should this need to be done in boot mode? I notice on boot mode menu there is not msv80 can this be done with this dme? When I try to read isn in car it's says "module needs to be updated first". Do I need ecu programming module to do this? I contacted tech support but they wanted to do teamviewer that's a problem because we have a 12hr difference. Thanks
 image1.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. image5.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. image6.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. image3.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. image2.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. image7.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content. image4.JPG You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

rbauto
2018-02-04T03:19:12Z
You’ll have to update the dme before you’ll be able to read the used dme. Then you’ll have to write the isn to the cas.

Update with Istap or winkfp.

I suggest you add on the programming part of autohex. Programming can be achieved using the two programs mentioned above. But time is money. Easier if one software does it all.
Anthony
  •  Anthony
  • 61% (Friendly)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2018-02-04T04:49:49Z
Thanks rbauto I'll have to add this programming to the Autohex then. Is it not better to write the original isn to the new dme after update or does it not matter?
Autohex_II_BMW
2018-02-04T05:21:27Z
if you got a message ECU needs to be updated then you must flash it to latest version before reading ISN.In your case no need to read isn from original DME you can read ISN from the used one and write it to the CAS then do codding for new dme.