abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-04-23T15:12:40Z
Does anyone know if FEM to FEM cloning is possible or KEYs / DME is always needed?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

BEEMERS
2020-04-24T12:04:13Z
I really don't think so but would like to know how if possible.
frick
2020-04-24T12:22:14Z
It is posible without problem and wihout key and dme bu both FEM must be the same ( so manual to manual or automatic transmition to automatic transmition fem).
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-04-24T16:49:36Z
Thanks. Sorry, I should clarify, I'm doing cloning on the bench, just cloning no VIN, ISN, mileage change (unlock FEM/BDC). At 1st I had only both FEMs. Original and replacement but I asked the owner to bring the original DME and CAS as well. So, I have them now. I already got the secret file out of the original FEM using the "original key' option. Next, I wanted to do the FEM FA Backup from original / Restore to replacement but AH tells me FA backup / restore has to be done on the car. Can I use backup / restore from 'On Bench FEM/BDC Unlock' advanced options for this?

Another thing, I try to read the ISN using the "On Bench ISN Manager" and I always get 'Module Not Responding' with or without the eeprom clip. Restoring from 'On Bench FEM/BDC Unlock" works though. So, it looks like the tool can communicate with FEM.

After restoring still cannot read ISN.
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-04-25T07:45:44Z
Originally Posted by: abc123 

Does anyone know if FEM to FEM cloning is possible or KEYs / DME is always needed?

Fem/BDC cloning if you have key for original fem and used one without key
1 .unlock original fem with key
2 .unlock and reset mileage on used fem with option3
3 .connect original and save fa from original
4 .goto cas replacement and proceed
5 .after cloning compleate load original fa to used fem
6 .go out of coding/programming and come inside again and program used fem
7 .finish
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-04-25T17:44:06Z
Thank You!

I'm on this step ---> 3 .connect original and save fa from original

I'm Choosing ---> On Bench FA Manager ----> BackUp and get this warning, is that OK ?

Warning.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-04-26T06:03:39Z
Originally Posted by: abc123 

Thank You!

I'm on this step ---> 3 .connect original and save fa from original

I'm Choosing ---> On Bench FA Manager ----> BackUp and get this warning, is that OK ?

Warning.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

you should SAVE the FA not BACKUP,please read the description on top of the menu BACKUP means you will load the FA from FEM/BDC to BACKUP ECU.
so please click on save and you can load the on used fem.