abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2022-02-24T02:04:21Z
A general question here.

Why Hexprog has separate P-Flash, D-Flash, Ex-Eprom, Ex-Flash? Also, there is no warning when you do it like this.

Cloning one by one will brick these DMEs. So, why have them?

I bricked 2 DMEs recently, not because I do not know it but was tired, not paying attention.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-24T07:31:58Z
Originally Posted by: abc123 

A general question here.

Why Hexprog has separate P-Flash, D-Flash, Ex-Eprom, Ex-Flash? Also, there is no warning when you do it like this.

Cloning one by one will brick these DMEs. So, why have them?

I bricked 2 DMEs recently, not because I do not know it but was tired, not paying attention.

hello
Individual option is available if you want to do modifications , If you want to do services like DPF,EGR etc. or even for tuning you need to read individual files. There is a warning written on wiring diagram not to write data from a different ECU. If you have already did that and if ECU bricked with error like "Chipset reject command" on factory mode then you can recover the ECU by returning its original data in boot mode. Write DONOR ECU BACKUP or P-flash back to DONOR ECU in boot mode then ECU will respond back.

For all ECU with CLONE button for doing cloning make backup from original and donor first then connect original again and click on CLONE and follow the procedure.
sixcode
2022-03-07T08:29:08Z
"every" MSD\MSV can be cloned if you have the correct equipment, as long if its MSD81.2 to MSD81.2, MSV70 to MSV70 and so on, i do this every day, you dont even have to look ad siemens 5WK number