sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2022-03-26T09:06:51Z

i have here a msd81.2 that is cloned/modded with some tool and non of the orignal tuningtools can read the password to acces the the data, the helpdesk from one of these tools did suggest to make update with dealer tool and update the software and try to read it again

is this possible with autohex "on bench" i have no car here...
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2022-03-26T12:58:02Z
Update possible with AutohexII, if You want to read it then You should use Hexprog. If You don't have car then You probably will need CAS and any gateway like JBE or KGM - I think.
Admin
  •  Admin
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Administration
2022-03-26T15:36:30Z
If the DME password cannot be retrieved this is probably due to a wrong stored password in the current flash. In this case the Ecu flashing procedure cannot write the updated flash data.
We can help you with Hexprog if you have the original flash file of this Ecu before you did the modification.
PDXAutoworks
2022-03-26T16:54:42Z
Sometimes only option is to take another good DME and clone it using hexprog to your DME. Then go back and change ISN / VIN and continue on with whatever modification you were doing.
BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-26T18:30:29Z
"NON"of the ori proggrammers can read it, hexprog also not, error is "password"not correct, in boot and bench mode
this car drives but have sometimes (once every other day) injection error so i did suggest to my customer to clone it to donor so there are no ori files
Amar
  •  Amar
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
2022-03-27T01:37:26Z
Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

Sometimes only option is to take another good DME and clone it using hexprog to your DME. Then go back and change ISN / VIN and continue on with whatever modification you were doing.

wrong, continental ecu dont work like this, Support will confirm this, once ecu password is lost, there is no way to fix it unless you have original file from ecu with password inside

PDXAutoworks
2022-03-27T08:25:24Z
Originally Posted by: Amar 

Originally Posted by: PDXAutoworks 

wrong, continental ecu dont work like this, Support will confirm this, once ecu password is lost, there is no way to fix it unless you have original file from ecu with password inside

Good to know. So if original files are lost, the ecu is as good as junk?

BMW File Service
VAG Immo Data Transfer
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-27T08:33:18Z
indeed is the ecu junk now?
so last option is, to get a donor ecu and addapt isn/vin/hours to it

can this be done on bench, if i have cas/ews with it?
if yes what do i need from the car other then cas, key

ecu is msd81.2 - 7 599 881
Amar
  •  Amar
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
2022-03-28T00:41:10Z
yes ecu is not worth wasting time with now

MSD81.2 is a relatively cheap ecu £40
on ebay, plenty on sale, i would just get another and modify the data to match cas

MSD/MSV can be coded on bench using autohex pinout, support have diagram, im not sure how to attach to this reply so ask support they will give you

this is total 10-15 min job including programming/coding
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-28T05:58:11Z

on ebay, plenty on sale, i would just get another and modify the data to match cas

MSD/MSV can be coded on bench using autohex pinout, support have diagram, im not sure how to attach to this reply so ask support they will give you

i already do have a donor, same software etc
can someone make a step by step post so i know what to do plz

what else i need then cas and ecu so i can make a setup on bench

after coding does the car need to be updated online for best resuld?
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-28T08:32:07Z
Originally Posted by: sixcode 

hello
You can replace donor ECU in autohex can do OBD or on bench. If you read doing OBD just read ISN from donor DME and write to CAS then do coding for DME.
If you want to do on bench you please read original CAS ISN using attached connect with key slot and insert working key to read CAS ISN from ISN manager option2. you can write this CAS ISN to donor DME from ON BENCH--->MSX8X ISN option use same MSD80 option (wiring diagram available in software itself).For more details you can contact support also.  Key slot.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. HW4 CAS3.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-28T09:17:30Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

hello
You can replace donor ECU in autohex can do OBD or on bench. If you read doing OBD just read ISN from donor DME and write to CAS then do coding for DME.
If you want to do on bench you please read original CAS ISN using attached connect with key slot and insert working key to read CAS ISN from ISN manager option2. you can write this CAS ISN to donor DME from ON BENCH--->MSX8X ISN option use same MSD80 option (wiring diagram available in software itself).For more details you can contact support also.  Key slot.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. HW4 CAS3.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

ok thanks, so key, cas and ecu thats all or also a JBE or KGM, i have bench harnas incl key reader
so if i do "bench reading" so isn from cas to ecu and write isn

what about vin and houres in donor ecu after isn writing?

and after "bench"isn programmig do i need to update ecu online or something?

sorry fro the questions but if i do mostly vag cars this if new for me
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-29T05:40:59Z
still waiting for a answer plz
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-29T07:20:14Z

hello

ok thanks, so key, cas and ecu thats all or also a JBE or KGM, i have bench harnas incl key reader

no need jbe or any other control , just need dme,cas and key. to changing VIN on donor ECU you need to do coding for DME. if you want to do on bench coding you need to connect DME and CAS together on bench. Use this connection for DME to code it on bench along with CAS. its different wiring from ON BENCH-->MSX8X ISN option.
 HW4 MSV80.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-29T07:52:45Z

hello

no need jbe or any other control , just need dme,cas and key. to changing VIN on donor ECU you need to do coding for DME. if you want to do on bench coding you need to connect DME and CAS together on bench. Use this connection for DME to code it on bench along with CAS. its different wiring from ON BENCH-->MSX8X ISN option.

and working hours reset?
i will get cas and key in 2 days so i did not look in software for this specific reset
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-30T07:32:15Z

hello

and working hours reset?
i will get cas and key in 2 days so i did not look in software for this specific reset

you will not get any error for working hours.
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-30T13:04:48Z

hello

and working hours reset?

you will not get any error for working hours.

for what i know is "if" working hours dont match indeed all will work but there will be coding problem(s) with ori bmw tool afterwards or does that not apply to msdxx ecus?
CipiCip
2022-03-30T14:19:54Z
Only if power class dont match will cause problems
And if you want to change power class need working hours reset
If you have the same ecu from.the same car with the same power class doesnt matter working hours
sixcode
  •  sixcode
  • 100% (Exalted)
2022-03-30T19:26:59Z
Originally Posted by: CipiCip 

Only if power class dont match will cause problems
And if you want to change power class need working hours reset
If you have the same ecu from.the same car with the same power class doesnt matter working hours

thanks for the answer that was what im looking for