Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2023-04-24T16:44:32Z
Hello!

I cloned a MSD81.2. First I made a backup from the old DME as always, than I wrote it on the new one (which was readable). After the restore the DME is noch reachable anymore. Other tools say that the password is wrong.

What was happened and what can I do?

CU Oliver
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Amar
  •  Amar
  • 61.4% (Friendly)
2023-04-25T12:16:23Z
The truth is, Although Hextag/Prog can clone the MSD80/81, this is always the problem

The ecu if not immediately, after some weeks cannot be reached using a diagnostic

It is infact the original password not being retained when cloning, Hence no diagnosis

This has always been a problem for hextag, Maybe support will say otherwise but its 100% always been an issue
Milkyway
  •  Milkyway
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2023-04-25T15:05:22Z
Hello!

I tested the cloned DME today and it's working. Car is running now. Hope it will fit als for the future.

I cloned some MSD with Hextag but this is the first time I got those damn probs. And yes, this is a problem from Hextag!!!!!!!

CU Oliver
CipiCip
2023-04-27T10:24:42Z
PS: For Continental/Siemens ECU with 'CLONE' option available on software don't use Restore or write files Individually for cloning from one ECU to another. Also do BACKUP from both original and donor before starting procedure for CLONE
if you complain about a problem make sure you have done the right proceedure
when you say i did backup and restore the tool has no problem because you dont read instructions
and is available for all users that complain about this issue
AdvancedCar
2023-05-10T14:38:48Z
Originally Posted by: CipiCip 

PS: For Continental/Siemens ECU with 'CLONE' option available on software don't use Restore or write files Individually for cloning from one ECU to another. Also do BACKUP from both original and donor before starting procedure for CLONE
if you complain about a problem make sure you have done the right proceedure
when you say i did backup and restore the tool has no problem because you dont read instructions
and is available for all users that complain about this issue

100% Correct.
I have done this in past and works very good.
You must first Back up both ECU-s.
After that use ONLY CLONE function , DO NOT write Restore form Orig to Donor.

I had MSD81 ECU where has corrupted Software and CLONE it , car was doing same thing but start and run and was able to read with diagnostic.
After that I restore back donor ECU from files I saved (Back up file) ,After that I program with AutoHex on bench with CAS3 and ECU worked perfect.
So all functions works if you use it proper way .
Best tool ever " Brain.exe "
El hamri Abdellatif
2023-06-03T14:50:03Z
Hello, please, I need a full BKAP.
bmw x6 . benzene
year 2007.
ecu: MSD81 .
5WK93714
Original ECU damaged.
thanks to you.
sixcode
2023-06-04T07:09:21Z