hmmmm3
  •  hmmmm3
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2023-05-03T19:46:41Z
Either in factory nor Boot mode am I able to communicate with the ECU.
Chip is Tricore 1766

Is there an option for me to use JTAG or something else so I can clone to another ECU?

Thanks in advance?
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2023-05-06T09:15:42Z
Hi,
please check if your ECU is communicating on car or not and then try to connect as per the hexprog pinout connection and clone it
we support this ecu in both factory and boot mode with the same cpu option, if you are not able to clone in factory mode then you can clone the ecu in boot mode
just make backup for both original ecu and donor ecu then restore the original file to donor ecu for cloning
thank you
hmmmm3
  •  hmmmm3
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2023-05-30T05:13:57Z
Neither worked. I determined that the ECU was bad and not communicating. I purchased Autohex and hoping it will help with me this issue.
Autohex_II_BMW
2023-05-30T06:12:47Z
It is possible to read the donor dme isn and write to cas using autohex and code the dme on car to adapt vin. This will normally adapt the used dmes in e series and r series.
hmmmm3
  •  hmmmm3
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2023-06-01T18:08:34Z
So, for the situation that the DME is not communicating, I am unsure of the next steps. Which should I do?

1.) Copy the ISN from the CAS to the donor DME? If so, how do i do that? i found videos on saving the CAS ISN, but I am not sure how to write it to the DME.

or
2.) Copy the ISN from the donor DME to the CAS? If I do this, won't I have to also have to relearn the key. I think this is the less likely option. But I am not sure.

Thanks.

Also, I think I found a video on option 1, but I am not sure if I have all of the steps. Additionally, I don't have the proper wiring diagrams for this ECU. Where can I find the diagram?
Autohex_II_BMW
2023-06-02T08:07:28Z
R56 can be replaced ECU by reading the donor ECU isn on car from isn manager option 1 and write that to cas from option 2. This procedure will not lose the key as this is the standard procedure. just match isn to cas and key will not be lost. after matching isn do indiv coding for dme.