sakis
  •  sakis
  • 79% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-12-08T19:35:59Z
Hello to everybody,today i tried to clone an e46 m35080 chip.I ready the ori file saved,when i try to write it to donor cluster i got error code in dash.i write the old file from the chip and and became as it was.WHY that happend?I have e46 cluster before without problems.In another one i did the read write and the chip took only mileage what is happening am i doing something wrong?
One more thing can anyone tell me in which line is the vin reading by hextag and HxD editor?
Sorry for my ingnorance just learning...
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-12-09T06:49:35Z
Originally Posted by: sakis 

Hello to everybody,today i tried to clone an e46 m35080 chip.I ready the ori file saved,when i try to write it to donor cluster i got error code in dash.i write the old file from the chip and and became as it was.WHY that happend?I have e46 cluster before without problems.In another one i did the read write and the chip took only mileage what is happening am i doing something wrong?
One more thing can anyone tell me in which line is the vin reading by hextag and HxD editor?

how you are writing the file in Hextag using clip or direct on adapter? we recommend you to contact via skype or WhatsApp on below details for more convenience.
WhatsApp: +971555827622
micko23
2020-12-09T11:57:40Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

how you are writing the file in Hextag using clip or direct on adapter? we recommend you to contact via skype or WhatsApp on below details for more convenience.

Mileage are written in the first two lines but they cannot be rewritten downwards, only upwards (in the case of the old eeprom) if you want to go to lower kilometers you have to use a new memory.

The next thing is through a dump from another dash you can't put in another dash it won't work.

ideally read the "new dash" eeprom to do virginalization and save to a brand new M35080 memory. Then code the dash.
sakis
  •  sakis
  • 79% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-12-09T12:24:30Z
My friend I have done 5 or 6 clusters read write with out problems I think that the 2 cluster must be same hw. Can you tell if you know in which line is vin and how many bits must change to FF to make it virgin.
Thank you for your time...
P. S I think is in 220 line..
micko23
2020-12-09T15:35:44Z

My friend I have done 5 or 6 clusters read write with out problems I think that the 2 cluster must be same hw. Can you tell if you know in which line is vin and how many bits must change to FF to make it virgin.
Thank you for your time...
P. S I think is in 220 line..

This should be sought, but for e39. Personally, I think the way to blame will be the same or similar.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-12-09T17:41:38Z
Originally Posted by: micko23 

Mileage are written in the first two lines but they cannot be rewritten downwards, only upwards (in the case of the old eeprom) if you want to go to lower kilometers you have to use a new memory.

That is not true. HexProg and any other special programmers on the market have possibility to rewrite first 32 bytes in that type of memory without need to repalce them to the new ones ;-)

Maybe This  is Your solution...
micko23
2020-12-09T17:54:27Z
Originally Posted by: BMWZG 

That is not true. HexProg and any other special programmers on the market have possibility to rewrite first 32 bytes in that type of memory without need to repalce them to the new ones ;-)

Okay well know, I think some of the goings to rewrite just upwards. Thank you for clarifying 🙂
sakis
  •  sakis
  • 79% (Friendly)
  • Member Topic Starter
2020-12-09T18:21:03Z
Originally Posted by: BMWZG 

Hello can you tell me in which line is vin in m35080 I am able to find the first two letters of vin but I don't know how many bits must change to FF.
Thank you for the quick response.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2020-12-09T18:29:57Z
Send dump, I find it for You. Different clusters have different VIN locations depend from cluster software. But it's not especially dificult to find it. VIN You may read from cluster in one of tests or with diagnostic equipment, then if You know them it's easy to find in HEX. On the other hand, I am not entirely convinced whether such topics should be public...
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-12-10T06:19:21Z

Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

The next thing is through a dump from another dash you can't put in another dash it won't work.

ideally read the "new dash" eeprom to do virginalization and save to a brand new M35080 memory. Then code the dash.

35080 don't have any issue like you say , the above steps is only for 35160/35128 new 6WB clusters.