rghelase2001
2022-02-15T07:44:51Z
Tried to write a valid D-Flash from another CAS4+ same 5M48H, to a healthy CAS4+ 5M48H, with my HexProg, rejected every time.
Found on this forum that it needed to heat processor when trying (that erorr code), and went to a friend of mine to try to heat it, and write with his HexTag.
Both HexProg and HexTag have the latest software updates.
Writing started without remarks/errors, erase started (written bellow the window), but process did not finish, it ended with error.
Now, when I read the processor, is all full of FF's.
I have full dumps of the FF CAS4+ before HexTag made it all FF, if needed (read with HexProg and HexTag, before this incident).
What to do? I can provide all the logs available.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-15T09:31:00Z
Originally Posted by: rghelase2001 

Tried to write a valid D-Flash from another CAS4+ same 5M48H, to a healthy CAS4+ 5M48H, with my HexProg, rejected every time.
Found on this forum that it needed to heat processor when trying (that erorr code), and went to a friend of mine to try to heat it, and write with his HexTag.
Both HexProg and HexTag have the latest software updates.
Writing started without remarks/errors, erase started (written bellow the window), but process did not finish, it ended with error.
Now, when I read the processor, is all full of FF's.
I have full dumps of the FF CAS4+ before HexTag made it all FF, if needed (read with HexProg and HexTag, before this incident).
What to do? I can provide all the logs available.

hello
what is the error you are getting , can you attach error photo.
rghelase2001
2022-02-15T13:41:16Z
Please find attached the initial D-Flash and P-Flash.
The error is returned, now, when reading D-flash.
P-Flash is read correctly
 Downloads.zip You have insufficient rights to see the content. b1fed579-efe8-483e-8fc7-002948fa8689.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-16T07:05:39Z

Downloads.zip You have insufficient rights to see the content. b1fed579-efe8-483e-8fc7-002948fa8689.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

did you try to write original data back?
rghelase2001
2022-02-16T08:52:51Z
 read_94e_b1fed579-efe8-483e-8fc7-002948fa8689.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. write_94f_320250ae-3b50-454e-98b7-e146db7f58fc.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.Yes, we tried couple of times, it returns:
94e when reading
or
94f when writing the original D-Flash.
(see attachements).

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-17T06:36:50Z

read_94e_b1fed579-efe8-483e-8fc7-002948fa8689.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. write_94f_320250ae-3b50-454e-98b7-e146db7f58fc.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.Yes, we tried couple of times, it returns:
94e when reading
or
94f when writing the original D-Flash.
(see attachements).

same like you tried before make CPU hot and try to read and write it again.
rghelase2001
2022-02-17T06:44:29Z
Yes, the attachment are the original files.
I repeat, the P-Flash remained unchanged (the read before the error is the same as after the error).
But the D-flash shows, now, only FF FF's.
I tried to write the original D-Flash, but receiving the same error (94F) every time.

How do I proceed to fix the CAS?
Because the car needs to be finished and delivered to the customer.
rghelase2001
2022-02-17T11:35:02Z
Contacted web support, had a chat with Alex, then he connected via TW, and tried the same, heated the cpu, etc.
He received the same errors, and concluded I will have to delete the partion and write back the original.

After this, I tried with other tools, but the result is the same, error everytime.
The D-Flash looks full of FF's, but the P-flash is intact.

Which tool can I use to recover the dead CAS4+?

What went wrong, so that HexTag to only erase D-Flash, and stop writing?

It is said that HexTag and HexProg are the safest tools in the world for CAS4, no?
applerallph
2022-02-17T17:54:24Z

Contacted web support, had a chat with Alex, then he connected via TW, and tried the same, heated the cpu, etc.
He received the same errors, and concluded I will have to delete the partion and write back the original.

After this, I tried with other tools, but the result is the same, error everytime.
The D-Flash looks full of FF's, but the P-flash is intact.

Which tool can I use to recover the dead CAS4+?

What went wrong, so that HexTag to only erase D-Flash, and stop writing?

It is said that HexTag and HexProg are the safest tools in the world for CAS4, no?

..maybe you made vice-versa on those 2 brown wires 😇 they almost look the same even tho they are different 😃
rghelase2001
2022-02-17T19:55:43Z
Originally Posted by: applerallph 

..maybe you made vice-versa on those 2 brown wires 😇 they almost look the same even tho they are different 😃

Nope, not the first time using them, and, at least for the HexProg's JTAG cable, I grouped the usefull-for-CAS wires using some thin duct-tape.
And, yes, the colours look very similar, at least in artificial/led light.

rghelase2001
2022-02-18T11:17:27Z
What can I do?
@Autohex_II_BMW , or anyone, which tool can I use to repair the D-Flash (or to write original D-Flash)?
I repeat, the errors appeared after HexTag erased the D-Flash, and stopped writing the new D-Flash.
Alex from live support checked the logs already.
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-19T07:34:17Z

What can I do?
@Autohex_II_BMW , or anyone, which tool can I use to repair the D-Flash (or to write original D-Flash)?
I repeat, the errors appeared after HexTag erased the D-Flash, and stopped writing the new D-Flash.
Alex from live support checked the logs already.

try to remove the crsytal and write the data.
rghelase2001
2022-02-20T18:39:36Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

I tried with and without quartz.
Clean, professional soldering, no mistakes.
With and without heat applied to processor while trying.

But, unfortunately, no news, nothing works.
On Monday I will receive a new CAS to deliver to my customer, since he had lots of pacience to wait.

But, Microtronik, please help me at least check why HexTag crashed the CAS4.

I bought HexProg because you also say it is the safest tool for CAS4 jobs, did couple of CAS4 jobs without issues, but now, HexTag killed this CAS4.

Looking fwd for receiving solutions from you, how to solve this situation.

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-21T08:23:05Z

On Monday I will receive a new CAS to deliver to my customer, since he had lots of pacience to wait.

I bought HexProg because you also say it is the safest tool for CAS4 jobs, did couple of CAS4 jobs without issues, but now, HexTag killed this CAS4.

sir we are testing CAS on each update and since long time we have not modified anything on working for CAS. so there is no issue on reading CAS sir.
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-23T07:52:02Z

can you send your CAS board photo. We have changed wiring for CAS4+ let me know if your cas works that way.
https://www.hexprog.com/...ampagegenerator?id=12005 

rghelase2001
2022-02-23T10:15:27Z

can you send your CAS board photo. We have changed wiring for CAS4+ let me know if your cas works that way.
https://www.hexprog.com/...ampagegenerator?id=12005 

the dead CAS4 is Type1.
Wiring is ok, I read the donor CAS instantly using the exact same wires.
Also, I grouped the un-used wires using a duct-tape, so that I do not have trouble selecting nr.9 wire.
The issue is not in the wiring part, but something was wrong and HexTag did FF FF in the D-Flash.

I already ordered a new CAS4 for the Customer, installed, car left, and now I have a dead CAS and an invoice for the new CAS.
I will try to order a new processor, and at least fix the dead CAS, to be able to use it for another customer, and minimize the loss with ordering the new CAS.

I ordered HexProg because it is announced to be the safest in working with CAS4, but, in my case, it failed big time.

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-23T10:28:26Z

these files is it original file for cas or after error?
rghelase2001
2022-02-23T11:55:13Z

These are the the original ones, before trying to write the Client's D-Flash to the CAS.
After the error, P-flash remained un-changed (compared with HexComp, for example).
But D-Flash, all changed to FF FF..

Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-23T13:52:36Z

These are the the original ones, before trying to write the Client's D-Flash to the CAS.
After the error, P-flash remained un-changed (compared with HexComp, for example).
But D-Flash, all changed to FF FF..

probably its CAS issue itself because we tested your files here to CAS4+ 5M48H read and write without issue.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2022-02-23T15:42:11Z
And what is the meaning of the contents of the flash file to be able to read or program the CAS processor?? Check your programmer with another CAS and the answer will be obvious whether the programmer or the processor is to blame.