WeissNicht
2020-12-28T19:20:33Z
Hi Guys,

I noticed a strange behaviour of HexProg.

I try to write a bin to a CAS4 (1N35H), when I read it back and compare the files, there are differences; but there shouldnt be any.
The differences are always the same.

This only happens to D-Flash, P-Flash is working like expected without any differences when reading back, what I just flashed.
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Autohex_II_BMW
2020-12-29T06:06:33Z
Originally Posted by: WeissNicht 

Hi Guys,

I noticed a strange behaviour of HexProg.

I try to write a bin to a CAS4 (1N35H), when I read it back and compare the files, there are differences; but there shouldnt be any.
The differences are always the same.

This only happens to D-Flash, P-Flash is working like expected without any differences when reading back, what I just flashed.

hi,
Instead of writing can you just read the D-flash multiple times and send to use the files via email (tech.support15@micro-tronik.com).
WeissNicht
2020-12-31T10:08:44Z
I think I figured out what is happening....

After wrtining the D-Flash, the CAS4 seems to startup and run its software. This causes errorcodes to be stored inside the CAS4.
I expected the HexTag to cut power after writing, but this seems not to happen.

I had a flashed CAS4, put it into my car, deleted error codes. Then I read D-Flash and flashed the same D-Flash back. After putting it back to my car, there were stored some errorcodes.
Those errorcodes don´t reapper after deletion; so I think, the came up right after flashing.

Reading multiple times always resulted in the same file. But when I read the D-Flash immediatly after flashing finished, the read file is the same as the file I wrote.
This makes me think, the differences are really those errorcodes, caused by a running CAS4, right after flashing.

Another test I tried is to write zeros to the P-Flash before flashing D-Flash. D-Flash then never changed between writing and reading; there were no differences. But after flashing P-Flash, those differences reappered (without touching D-Flash).
This lets me think, the P-Flash seems to start running after a flash and causing my confusion.

Can you confirm, that HexTag leaves powersupply on and resets the CAS4 after flashing D-Flash?
Autohex_II_BMW
2020-12-31T12:09:30Z

After wrtining the D-Flash, the CAS4 seems to startup and run its software. This causes errorcodes to be stored inside the CAS4.

I had a flashed CAS4, put it into my car, deleted error codes. Then I read D-Flash and flashed the same D-Flash back. After putting it back to my car, there were stored some errorcodes.
Those errorcodes don´t reapper after deletion; so I think, the came up right after flashing.

Reading multiple times always resulted in the same file. But when I read the D-Flash immediatly after flashing finished, the read file is the same as the file I wrote.
This makes me think, the differences are really those errorcodes, caused by a running CAS4, right after flashing.

Another test I tried is to write zeros to the P-Flash before flashing D-Flash. D-Flash then never changed between writing and reading; there were no differences. But after flashing P-Flash, those differences reappered (without touching D-Flash).
This lets me think, the P-Flash seems to start running after a flash and causing my confusion.

Can you confirm, that HexTag leaves powersupply on and resets the CAS4 after flashing D-Flash?

but multiple customers informed us about getting this different read each time ,we are looking into it.
abc123
  •  abc123
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2021-01-05T04:42:48Z
Even CAS3 this can happen. Thing is you have to wait 10 seconds at least after each read / write (capacitors store energy). Read multiple times and compare and compare after write as well.
WeissNicht
2021-01-06T17:26:51Z
Sorry, for the delayed answer, got some business to do.

It seems, the CAS starts running and writing error codes because there is missing hardware on the desk while programming.
When I wait 5 minutes after flashing, the readback doesn´t change anymore. It is different from what I flashed, but the differences are always the same.

I usually like to read back what was flashed in order to be sure everything worked as intended.
When I zero the P-Flash before writing the D-Flash i never experienced a difference in the readback D-Flash. It only happens to me, when there is a valid P-Flash.

This makes me think, the CAS starts running. Ok, yes, it could be the capacitors, which hold enough energy to start up the CAS for a short time.
sixcode
2021-01-17T08:51:31Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

but multiple customers informed us about getting this different read each time ,we are looking into it.

so this will be solved in next update?
Autohex_II_BMW
2021-01-18T05:56:26Z
After further study we just identified its not some major bug its just due to some voltage fluctuations. The area with different reading on CAS will not cause any damage to cause. The error for different reading will be fixed on next update.