MarkD
  •  MarkD
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2022-03-04T02:17:54Z
Hello,
I am continuously getting this error when I try to read an FRM3. I don't know if there's a problem with my HEXPROG or with the FRM3. I have checked the connections, I use an FRM3 repair clip from WEIXY so it's not a soldering issue. Plus I have fixed other FRM's successfully.

I see that the HEXTAG software shows and input voltage of 12.8 but the output voltage never shows anything above 0V. I thought that another FRM would show 5V. I don't have another FRM here to try...

Could it be a bad FRM?

Thanks

Mark

Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

CipiCip
2022-03-04T06:34:37Z
Don't use clip repair because you don't see that clip in wiring diagram
Just solder wires on pcb
And post result after that
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-04T06:58:14Z
Originally Posted by: MarkD 

Hello,
I am continuously getting this error when I try to read an FRM3. I don't know if there's a problem with my HEXPROG or with the FRM3. I have checked the connections, I use an FRM3 repair clip from WEIXY so it's not a soldering issue. Plus I have fixed other FRM's successfully.

I see that the HEXTAG software shows and input voltage of 12.8 but the output voltage never shows anything above 0V. I thought that another FRM would show 5V. I don't have another FRM here to try...

Could it be a bad FRM?

Thanks

Mark

Error 943 means its an communication error, if other FRM working for you then your device is completely ok. So your issue either wiring or from the FRM itself. Hextag will show voltage only when it starts to read and communicate with control otherwise there will be no output voltage that is totally normal.

MarkD
  •  MarkD
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2022-03-04T13:33:36Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Hello,

Could it be a bad FRM?

Thanks

Mark

Error 943 means its an communication error, if other FRM working for you then your device is completely ok. So your issue either wiring or from the FRM itself. Hextag will show voltage only when it starts to read and communicate with control otherwise there will be no output voltage that is totally normal.

I expected to see the output voltage present for a fraction of a second, or is it normal to not see anything? I don't think that the Hexprog went bad all of a sudden.

And what is your opinion on using a clip with the "pogo" pins? I see no reason for it to be a problem and it's worked on at least 8 FRM's so far.

Mark
MarkD
  •  MarkD
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2022-03-04T14:20:26Z
Originally Posted by: CipiCip 

Just solder wires on pcb

Thanks for the response but I don't see the logic here. I didn't expect it to be any different by soldering the wires, and after trying it I have exactly the same failure.
applerallph
2022-03-04T14:52:42Z

Just solder wires on pcb

Thanks for the response but I don't see the logic here. I didn't expect it to be any different by soldering the wires, and after trying it I have exactly the same failure.

..its very different! at least thats your check to see if your frm weixy plug is still in good shape 😊
MarkD
  •  MarkD
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2022-03-04T15:00:53Z
Originally Posted by: applerallph 

Just solder wires on pcb

..its very different! at least thats your check to see if your frm weixy plug is still in good shape 😊

There's not much that can go wrong with that adapter. I also had ordered two of them so I had a backup, that one also didn't work. I don't expect that s simple adapter with 4 wires is going to have a problem, especially as I opened up the DB-25 end and checked that the wires were still attached. The problem is somewhere else. I'm going to buy a used FRM to keep here just to test in the future.
applerallph
2022-03-04T15:03:13Z

Just solder wires on pcb

Can you unlock any CAS by the way , at one point i had a problem with my HEXTAG it was refusing to read both CAS and FRM .. it only started reading after I restarted my PC
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-03-05T06:35:02Z

Just solder wires on pcb

There's not much that can go wrong with that adapter. I also had ordered two of them so I had a backup, that one also didn't work. I don't expect that s simple adapter with 4 wires is going to have a problem, especially as I opened up the DB-25 end and checked that the wires were still attached. The problem is somewhere else. I'm going to buy a used FRM to keep here just to test in the future.

just give it a try to solder the wires and read the FRM.
MarkD
  •  MarkD
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2022-03-09T15:42:42Z
Yesterday I repaired a different FRM3 and as always, I used my FRM3 repair clip. So the problem was that the FRM3 I was trying to repair last week was completely dead.
MarkD
  •  MarkD
  • 57.4% (Neutral)
  • Newbie Topic Starter
2022-03-17T05:13:11Z
Originally Posted by: Autohex_II_BMW 

Just solder wires on pcb

just give it a try to solder the wires and read the FRM.

I soldered the wires directly and got the same result. Only today I realised what the problem is, the MASK is not one of the ones I can select, it's an FRM 3 with mask 3M25J.

Is there any HEXTAG / HEXPROG support for that mask? Is seems that other tools support it.