rghelase2001
2022-02-23T18:14:01Z
Originally Posted by: BMWZG 

And what is the meaning of the contents of the flash file to be able to read or program the CAS processor?? Check your programmer with another CAS and the answer will be obvious whether the programmer or the processor is to blame.

Are you sure it's that simple?!
That CAS worked to be read with a HexProg, similar tool and then a HexTag.
I have all the dumps, and nothing is changed.
That worked until HexTag tried to write another D-Flash, it erased it, and left the CAS dead.
The same HexTag worked before on tens of CAS4's, and still runs well.
From this, shall we consider the "dead" (CAS) is to blamed?
Because it was readable until HexTag nailed it.
Does this bring more clarity?
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2022-02-24T07:46:03Z
I understood everything exactly. It just so happens that Autohex hardware is badly soldered. I resoldered my device and I have no problem with it. But faulty processors in CAS also happened to me. That's why I wrote to check with another programmer and Microtronik's explanation that your file was programmed to another CAS does not explain anything in this topic. So if you have a problem with Autohex hardware you may have damaged the CAS CPU - is that understandable to you?
Autohex_II_BMW
2022-02-24T13:38:51Z

I understood everything exactly. It just so happens that Autohex hardware is badly soldered. I resoldered my device and I have no problem with it. But faulty processors in CAS also happened to me. That's why I wrote to check with another programmer and Microtronik's explanation that your file was programmed to another CAS does not explain anything in this topic. So if you have a problem with Autohex hardware you may have damaged the CAS CPU - is that understandable to you?

he don't have any problem with autohex hardware he is using hextag.
BMWZG
  •  BMWZG
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • Advanced Member
2022-02-25T07:29:48Z
Hextag has the same poor PCB lead free soldering quality as AutohexII. I personally improved the PCB soldering from Hextag and personally improved the PCB soldering from the adapter to the Eeprom and even reported it to you. My devices after rework works good now.
rghelase2001
2022-02-28T06:30:54Z

Hextag has the same poor PCB lead free soldering quality as AutohexII. I personally improved the PCB soldering from Hextag and personally improved the PCB soldering from the adapter to the Eeprom and even reported it to you. My devices after rework works good now.

Thanks, BMWZG, for the info (completely understood all).
I am not going to open the HexProg, since it is brand-new (less than 1month old).
But, if it will crash another CAS, I will check this option, too.
Sending the tool for support in Dubai is not an option, due to very hight transportation fees, at least from Europe..
I would expect, since the tool is so expensive for what it does, to have a waranty recall programme, as well..