autohex_II_USA
2017-11-27T18:21:06Z
 2017-11-26-PHOTO-00004539.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content. 2017-11-26-PHOTO-00004538.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

have any one seen or have problem autohex_II vci burned inside like this..?? and this just normal plug into the OBD II and waiting scan then green light stop flashing and display error message autohex_II software state lost cummunication vehicle or lost connect vci.. then after i must restart PC or un-plug vci & plug back in.. so many time trying test so many vehicle is same problem and i open up inside the vci found burning so bad the chip.......look pictures i upload u can see it and this not event let vci plug in more hrs just wait scan the cars but un-success then burned
Sponsor

Start ECU Repairing, ECU Cloning, and Chip Tuning today, all from an incredible price of just USD 385.00.

No annual fees, no extra charges: You pay only when you have a job.

Visit Hexprog II page

Findlaybum
2017-11-27T19:39:47Z
Vehicle booby trapped ? 12v put to another pin on OBD socket .. to stop anyone making a key and stealing it ?
OFFICIAL FRIEND OF OFFICIAL AUTOHEX II PARTNER .. AND OFFICIAL FRIEND OF THE BOSS .:)
autohex_II_USA
2017-11-27T21:51:57Z
i don't see like that .no no boot trapped or 12V direct to obd II it's normal OBD II been diagnose and using all icom is ok.....until plug in autohex II vci try update the software and after dine updating try scan the diagnose BMW 550i E series then boom light vci is flashing & then is off & message software state lost cummunication Vci or modules then open pcb show chip ic is smoke ..burning smelt bad
Gbyleveldt
2017-11-28T03:33:23Z
Hardware doesn't burn like that for no reason, especially not for something like a software update. And you can see the damage is close to the obd port, so there's definitely something on the vehicle that caused this.

You're also the first one reporting such damage, if there was an issue on HW3, then there would be many here that would complain, considering the thousands of cars that's been diagnosed so far.
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-11-28T13:34:44Z
I estimate that this HW2 not HW3.
This may happen in HW2 if you provide a high voltage suddenly from not well regulated power to HW2. This happened only once in 2016 with one customer. By the way the burned IC can handle up to 45 volts.
This case is solved in HW3 and HW4
You must send this unit to Microtronik to check if it is possible to repair.
autohex_II_USA
2017-12-17T00:37:13Z
thanks is there i know where i can send it for repair.. one distributor try sale me new Vci one but so far i have not seen him send it yet. also i have bought new vci same the one i got burned,,,,.. is there can get any one microtronik transfer license over so i can use.been waiting almost a month so hopeless not able working any BMW cars at all.

any now where i can contact microtronik.. i can contact in here ???
Autohex_II_BMW
2017-12-18T14:02:02Z
We don't know about your dealer who is trying to sell you. But for sure he must request the hardware from Microtronik with the specific serial number. he cannot do this job by himself.
We cannot transfer the license from a hardware to another outside of our company. the new (blank) device must be in our place to make the transferring. And I am sure the new device you have is not blank anyway (it has a serial number already).